Being able to snap and send pictures with your PDA

k0mbine

It could add a bit of an espionage twist to gameplay. You open your PDA window, and on the bottom there is a camera icon. You click it, the window closes, and the next thing you click, if within range, will be snapshotted (you also have the option of turning on flash). The window reappears with the image you took with the options SAVE and SEND. SAVE saves it to your PDA. SEND sends it to anyone you choose. It would be useful for proving someone is guilty. I also had an idea for a traitor objective involving this mechanic.

The objective would say "Take a picture of the Captain holding a banana.", and you could just imagine the wacky conversation the traitor would have with the captain to convince them to have their picture taken with a banana in their hand! Once the traitor gets the snapshot, they'd enter their traitor code and open the shop screen, but at the top there's a button that reads "SEND TO SYNDICATE" or something, and it sends the picture to the admins so they can review it and see if its valid.

Yeah no need to make cameras obsolete.

(Also the idea of a PDA that can not only send texts but also take photos? What next, phone calls? Too unbelievable!)

If you're going to do that though then maybe make it a cartridge. I miss the days of when you could print things off your GameBoy. Sending pictures would require a new module installed though. Making objectives for these might be silly unless you have a Journalist job. I can't see a spy working as well as it should but it could...

Yeah no need to make cameras obsolete.

(Also the idea of a PDA that can not only send texts but also take photos? What next, phone calls? Too unbelievable!)

There is very much a reason to make cameras obsolete. Cameras in this game are clunky and annoying to keep track of all those photos. I'd much rather have all the photos digital (this is the FUTURE after all.) And you sort of sarcastically said that you won't add photo and phone call capabilities to PDAs. Why the heck not?! I mean they're PDAs, not phones, but we all use em like phones (for texts.) You should also add group chats, where you can invite people to talk in a private chat room INGAME. And you should also be able to group share photos within those chat rooms.

Meant to respond to this earlier:

Well, actually science can make digital cameras in their autolathe, which keeps a list of photos like the AI camera. One gameplay issue with this is that if everyone could easily take a photo from roundstart, then there would be even more evidence in circulation against antags, many antag types already having trouble early in the round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use