Playing on a map that actively hates us

Yinseng

This is the easiest comparison point between Cogmap2 and Paradise Station: How bombing hallways effects them.

On Cogmap2, if I plant a bomb anywhere in any part of the main hallway, I break the loop and create all sorts of problems for people trying to get from one side to the next. Cogmap2 does has it's shortcuts and secret passages to avoid breaches, but if I were to bomb the major hallway in two places, I have effectively fractured the station. And I can place these bombs literally anywhere in the main hallway; not everyone has maint access, so going through maint isn't always an option, and depressurization on Goonstation is so much more punishing than Paradise Station.

Meanwhile, there is only one place on Paradise station that will cause that much trouble, and even then it's not that painful. The hallway between medbay, the bar, and the bridge, is the most used stretch of hallway on the station. If you hang around that hallway, you will eventually see everyone on the station at one point or another. Bombing that three-way intersection dramatically impairs traffic, cuts the station in half, and... isn't really all that much of a problem. Everyone has maint access, so everyone can bypass it. Cargo, the Bridge, Engineering, and Security all have shortcuts they can take to bypass the breach. At most, it's just a minor annoyance. Granted, on Paradise there aren't as many bombings, but shouldn't that mean bombs should have more impact?

Just my two, unedited bits.

But literally no one with the average Spessman attention span would do their job with a complexly designed station because if they leave their department for a couple of seconds they'll never see it again.

Having tried maps like cogmap2 out i know this feeling all too well :<

"Boss, i'm gonna grab a drink, I'll be right back."

about 20 minutes later

"QM HELP THE CLOWN IS TRYING TO HONK MY SHIT UP AND I'M IN SOME SNAKEY MAINT TUNNEL AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE BOOZE IS AND I'M ON DRUGS I FOUND ON THE FLOOR"

about 20 minutes later

"QM HELP THE CLOWN IS TRYING TO HONK MY SHIT UP AND I'M IN SOME SNAKEY MAINT TUNNEL AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE BOOZE IS AND I'M ON DRUGS I FOUND ON THE FLOOR"

Sigh... +1

Just don't let it be something as dumb as effeciency or birdboat.

about 20 minutes later

I fail to see the problem? :^)

about 20 minutes later

I fail to see the problem? :^)

I'm going to eat that dorito nose if you point out my logical fallacies again :C

Anyways +1 b/c literally every fucking non-LLJK/absolution/tg/younameit-station uses fucking box and some more map variety would be great

I've wanted to try porting other maps into the code myself. I started with Ministation from /tg/ but haven't tried finishing it lately. Too much work replacing every object and most turfs. And that's just on the station .dmm. I can only imagine the nightmare it would be on any other map

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use