Human Lore

Coldflame

Human Government Name  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've taken longer to make this thread than I should have- I didn't get around to working on this as soon as I intended to.

Simply put, the current human lore is bad. Very bad. http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Humans

The page is a rewrite of the Skrell page, with a mixture of pointless biological information and jabs at humans, in a few passages still just being the skrell page.

I'm currently working on a rewrite:

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/User:Coldflame

It's not done yet, but I feel it's certainly a marked improvement. My take on the lore is that humans are the biggest players in the galaxy (which makes more sense both from a lore and gameplay standpoint, given humans are in the majority in-game). I've writted the article referring to the main human government as 'Sol Central'. Elsewhere on the wiki, 'Milky Way Federation' also gets mentioned, but Sol Central seems to be used more on the wiki and ingame. I personally prefer Sol Central, but I've attached a relevant poll. MWF also implies humans own the galaxy, which may make sense or not depending on how you look at it.

I'm going to keep working on this, and I'll let everyone know when I feel my draft's ready for evaluation to replace the current lore.

Go ahead and post below- Feedback, criticism, changes or additions you think should be made, etc.

Looks great.

I only have one idea though, every time SolGov gets mentioned in game, people complain that they're Nazis.

It'd be kinda funny if they were actually Nazis, Galactic empire style Nazis ala Darth Vader.

Maybe throw in a supreme leader? Making NT the "lesser evil" just seems to be the right thing.

NT is an evil megacorp that split off from SolGov to avoid regulation, to my knowledge. Not really nazis, probably just political, corporate propaganda. ALL HAIL CORPORATE!

Yeah, let's just make SolGov that world that every political corporation would want and have NT say "lol nope" and do their own thing. We don't need SolGov using some pre-existing power as a template even if it would be easier to write off. If anything take something from one of the existing Sci-Fi universes and use whatever they used for Earth/Sol System government

Considering NanoTrasen's standard, uh... means of operation, I have no difficulty believing SolGov is just a regular government that expects all corporations operating under it to obey a set of guidelines that, most likely, NanoTrasen's Board of Directors think impacts the bottom line.

IE, boring old government.

I think the current states of different planets that form Humanity's homeworlds should be expanded upon as well.

- How badly is Earth polluted?

- How exactly does living on Mars look?

- What's up with the Moon?

- *possibly other big Human colonies*

With regards to the NT leaving SolGov thing, I'd imagine NT would still want to dodge what regulations there still were- I'll expand upon this more, and write SolGov to give less of an 'Anything Goes' vibe in the lore. Assuming this page gets finished up and pushed to the wiki, I'll also write a page on Sol Central and expand the 'Human Governments' page.

I think the current states of different planets that form Humanity's homeworlds should be expanded upon as well.

- How badly is Earth polluted?

- How exactly does living on Mars look?

- What's up with the Moon?

- *possibly other big Human colonies*

That's part of the plan, I've not gotten around to writing it yet. Block1 has 'claimed' the Earth lore page so I'm reluctant to write too much about it in case we contradict each other.

I've so far imagined that the majority of humans have move to Mars and live in a futurama type setting, the moon is for the 1% wealthy, and earth has like, one or two pockets that are nice while the rest of it is filled with people that are too poor to leave or REALLY fucking religious and anti space travel/genetic modifications/anti-alien. Read more about it in my new story I'm writing called the Temsi- *Shot*

I would normally like to help write shit, but I am... DECENTLY bad at writing stuff about setting and history.

SolGov is /already/ the canonical name - just FYI.

I suggest we pull the organization of the Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers for the Federal (SolGov) forces - For example, SolGov Marine Corps and SolGov Navy. Army, Marines, and Self-defense forces (JSDF, United States National Guard, ect.) are covered by the Marine Corps, and the Navy covers the Navy (duh) and the Air Force.

I also might have a slight bias because my personal fluff item specifically mentions the SolGov Marine Corps.

Updated with:

-Added to human biology section slightly (info about life expectancy, other minor adjustments)

-Info about some human territorries (Earth, Mars, Luna). I'm planning on expanding the sections on Mars and Luna, but Earth's one is pretty much done pending any additional details people think should be there. These are the only three territories I'll go into great detail with- I'll note others in the final draft though

-Wrote section about human culture- this one's sure to be controversial, so feel free to post if you disagree.

-Minor updates to society and culture section (adjusted number of chairmen as per Arthur_Dayne's point regarding stalemates, mentioned smaller human groups)

-Began writing about human military forces; I was planning to write something a little more non-standard for this, with an unaffiliated force in the form of the HDF. I pulled it straight out of my ass, so feel free to tell me if it's stupid. This is all still very WIP, mostly just enough for you to see the angle I'm going for with writing this section so you can weigh in on it before I start..

Expect updates of around this calibre every day or two; I've not responded to every piece of feedback posted, but I'm taking it on board and making sure to integrate it into the page- make sure you keep it coming.

SolGov is /already/ the canonical name - just FYI.

I don't know how I feel about that. I have nothing against Starship Troopers (besides everything) but I'd hope with all my being that those parallels are not met

Why does the article randomly talk about Skrell larva? Apart from that I absolutely love the descriptive part of the article, reminds me of the Wikipedia article on Humans.

Also,

They have two long appendages known as arms they use to reach and grasp objects.

The detail put into the descriptions of humans is hilarious, but I'm pretty sure every species in SS13 would know what an arm is. I mean, every species in game has pretty much the same anthropomorphic structure.

Why does the article randomly talk about Skrell larva? Apart from that I absolutely love the descriptive part of the article, reminds me of the Wikipedia article on Humans.

Also,

They have two long appendages known as arms they use to reach and grasp objects.

The detail put into the descriptions of humans is hilarious, but I'm pretty sure every species in SS13 would know what an arm is. I mean, every species in game has pretty much the same anthropomorphic structure.

Read his userpage, not the actual human page.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use