Make EVA access and EVA Storage access the same access

ProperPants

It's possible to get EVA Storage access from the HoP, get an EVA suit, jetpack, and magboots, and then be totally unable to leave the station because EVA Storage access doesn't grant access to the EVA airlocks. To me, this doesn't make much sense. I cannot think of a situation where someone who doesn't already have a hardsuit would need an EVA suit but not need to leave the station. The implication is, if someone wants a space suit, they also want to go out into space.

I don't care if this gets flak or support because on the one hand, it's easy to just ask the HoP for both accesses (though I forget every time since it's so rare). On the other hand, why are these two separate things? The only reason I can think of is so that Engineers can EVA without having access to EVA storage, but they don't even need EVA Storage because they already have hardsuits. Give your opinion; I expect little support since this is a minor issue, but I hope to be surprised.

Just FYI Engineers have access to EVA storage by default.

Even better! This way, nothing would be changed except having a slight convenience added and a tiny amount of code removed (I assume this would happen if two accesses were merged into one).

A little P.S. - I did mention that it's as easy as asking the HoP for EVA access, but that I always forget to. The HoP also forgets to give EVA access when giving EVA Storage access because it's uncommon for someone who doesn't already have EVA access to need it, but the situation does happen. It would just be a minor convenience, like when vehicles were given the ability to go through doors. That wasn't necessary or even a big deal, but it was nice - that's how I hope this suggestion is seen as well.

I'd also like to tack on add cargo access to mining. For some baffling reason they're seperate which means if I get switched over to mining mid-round by the HoP 9/10 times they fuck off and I can't enter the mining area because I have to go through cargo. Or I slip in behind someone and then can't redeem my ores or leave!

Nuclear operatives get access to external airlocks.

This would also give them access to EVA (which they really don't need and shouldn't have).

Just tell the HoP man to not be lazy, and give you external airlock access too.

Most instances where you require EVA gear are because of an in station breach anyhow, and don't warrant ever leaving the station. (This would give the CMO external airlock access, for instance).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use