Geneticist Job SOP Revision

TullyBBurnalot

Opinion, please  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Genetics roaming the halls with all their powers active is akin to RnD roaming the halls with stun revolvers and AEGs.

I agree with the idea of your statement, but even R&D can't do that because of lockboxes. It seems like this mutadone implant idea will become like Genetics' version of the R&D lockboxes.

It's genetics research right? The specific hulk reference makes muh immursion wither away.

I mean....sorta? It's sort of more like discovery.

The way I've always viewed it is that initially, when discovering powers, researchers had to actually find the blocks where the powers were hidden in. By that logic all of the powers and disabilities that you can acquire have already been discovered early on.

As to why you keep having to rediscover the powers at the beginning of every shift... I like to think that the human body can't take the pressure of having genetic powers for extended periods of time, and they have to clean their body at the end of the day to not suffer any unwanted side effects. Then, at the end of each day, the blocks get mixed up in the DNA and you have to figure out which block does what all over again.

It's not a complete exclamation, I might expand on it... I actually plan to write a short story on how all of these blocks were discovered and I plan to tie it in with my character's (Praxis's) backstory. One day.

I mean....sorta? It's sort of more like discovery.

The way I've always viewed it is that initially, when discovering powers, researchers had to actually find the blocks where the powers were hidden in. By that logic all of the powers and disabilities that you can acquire have already been discovered early on.

As to why you keep having to rediscover the powers at the beginning of every shift... I like to think that the human body can't take the pressure of having genetic powers for extended periods of time, and they have to clean their body at the end of the day to not suffer any unwanted side effects. Then, at the end of each day, the blocks get mixed up in the DNA and you have to figure out which block does what all over again.

It's not a complete exclamation, I might expand on it... I actually plan to write a short story on how all of these blocks were discovered and I plan to tie it in with my character's (Praxis's) backstory. One day.

I just go off of the principle that SS13 is stuck in an endless repeating time loop, that past "memories" are mere echoes of dead parallel universes, and that each shift is merely another level of purgatory.

I mean, we do very occasionally get someone who legitimately has no idea what "HALP LINGS ABSOBIN ME" means, it kinda kills the innocence of discovery a little bit to have somewhat revealing stuff like that right in the official guidelines.

Slightly more vague would be nicer, but hey, anything for a better SoP will be worth the sacrifice really.

So far so good, I am curious though to the administration side on the subject though;

Considering this'd be in-place would it be now bwoinkable to leave the genetics lab without permission from the RD, with Hulk modification active?

And such job-bannable for repeat offences?

Or is this a strictly IC overhaul regarding demotions on the subject?

Comparing Geneticist powers to Security tasers is Apple and Lemons. Security is given them from the get go because to help them with their responsibility while genetics doesn't even have station responsibility. Mostly because the job attracts players who are so bad about caring about anyone but themselves their primary charge was removed from them. But if we ARE going to make that comparison, then the point is still moot as security is to keep it in it's pants until code blue or higher. Asking the same of a power, or series of powers, that have a much higher risk to the station then a taser is not asking much. Especially since genetics can just print the powers and keep clean until they need it for something.

RnD can't carry grenades outside of lab when green, Robotics is only to sell exosuits to their respective departments, toxins isn't even allowed to leave their lab with it's equipment, security can't randomly search or use weapons other than a flash or stun stick when green, and any idiot sporting a weapon in the halls is asking to be arrested. You're not getting job banned for SoP errors unless you have catastrophically fucked up on multiple different levels, likely on a karma job. And the idea that genetics should be treated specially just because their combat tools take a while to get is blatant favoritism.

Why is this even a long discussion? It's an IC change that's easy to do and should at the very least make it so security doesn't have to constantly keep tabs on the geneticist(s) waiting for them to assault someone or something because they ALWAYS DO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use