Automixer for chemistry

thegman254

If you were previously on the chem synth thread you'll know what this is about if not: The idea is that it's an addon/upgrade possibly that allows for automation of mixing for some more complex chemical compounds in chem

Coding: Honestly, To me it sounds like it could be a bit of a pain but it sounds really useful in practice.

Balance: Well that'd depend on what is allowed in the automixer function i.e. making more simple chems immediately would be very op so A timer could be necessary

Also a sidenote: Many servers I've seen have done this so why don't we add Welding Fuel to the Chemaster already? It's unbelievably convenient to get already as you already start with 1000u which is more than enough for the entire round usually. So if you take it one step further and just add it to the Chemaster would cause no harm in my opinion.

We have a welding fuel tank shoved into the wall and imo that's good enough.

I'd be up for the mixer but only if you have to work to get it going, like use some sort of coding language/scripting language and stuff so it's left to the supercompetent chemists.

I just realised for clarification this is not infinite production of anything on the fly this is to automate a process and allows you to make more of what you need/want at the time so you need to reset the process every time you want to auto process another chemical. However you'd need the chemicals to make it already in sufficient amount to make it still

The idea is to automate only one process that's more complicated or more needed but you still have to do everything else.

i.e. If you want more cryoxadone you put it on automix

But you still have to make synthflesh, syptic power, silver sulfdiazine, mannitol etc, etc, yourself

What if it starts with a list of low-tier meds? You pour in the chems and tell it what to output like you do with the ChemMaster, then click a button and it goes to work. So you throw in 10 sulfur, 10 Aluminum, 20 Hydrogen, and 20 Oxygen and click a button that says, "Styptic Powder" set the output type and amount and let it do it's thing while you start on the next batch of meds. Now at tier 1 it would be more or less like the ChemMaster only it takes longer to make the meds, so what use is it?

Well when Science upgrades it you can pick more complicated chemicals from the list, for instance if you feed in the following:

30u Welding Fuel

10u Carbon

50u Hydrogen

20u Oxygen

20u Ethanol

10u Nitrogen

10u Chlorine

10u Sulfur

Now the machine gives you an option to make Atropine. You put in the base ingredients for the base ingredients. This would save plenty of time with making the more complicated stuff as long as you knew what the most basic ingredients are for the med you want to make.

If you were previously on the chem synth thread you'll know what this is about if not: The idea is that it's an addon/upgrade possibly that allows for automation of mixing for some more complex chemical compounds in chem

Coding: Honestly, To me it sounds like it could be a bit of a pain but it sounds really useful in practice.

Balance: Well that'd depend on what is allowed in the automixer function i.e. making more simple chems immediately would be very op so A timer could be necessary

I actually sort of like this and if it was implemented correct it would be nice. I'm comparing this idea to the already existing Blue-Space Beakers.

In chemistry, you generally want to finish the meds within 30-45 minutes of the shift starting; 20 minutes if you do chemistry way too much. By the time you finish the meds, patients would start building up needing the meds.

However, if you're starting meds late, let's say an hour into the shift, then you're expected to make a TON of different meds in a short period of time to compensate for a possible patient overflow (which appear to be more common later in the round.) To make things easier, you can run over to RnD and get a bluespace beaker to triple your productivity at the cost of using up all your energy in like, 4 minutes.

If an automixer upgrade had to be researched and wasn't available until about 30 minutes into the round, it would allow late joining chemists to catch up (If implemented properly of course)

I gotta get to class and I can elaborate more on this later, sorry if I'm missing parts of my argument here or if overall I sound stupid.

why don't we add Welding Fuel to the Chemaster already?

An upgraded Portable Chem Dispenser can provide straight welding fuel, as well as oil, ammonia, and several other chems. However, the machines that spawn in MedChem and SciChem can't be upgraded—those are Chem Dispensers, while the upgradeable one is a Portable Chem Dispenser. To the best of my knowledge, VampireBytes is working on allowing the current Chem Machines to be upgraded, but I'm not totally sure that he still is. Honestly, I think it would be easier to start the round with Portable Chem Dispensers spawned in—they're slow to charge and don't give many chems with basic components, but with max upgrades, they become better than the current chem machines.

P.S. Technically the Chem Master is the one that makes pills and patches, and the Chem Dispenser is the one that dispenses chems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use