Give us more karma to spend each round

Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws

Weird. I was thinking the other day that you could give players one karma a month when they join the server. Maybe number of rounds isn't a bad idea but I'm going to guess that five rounds won't be enough to make that a thing. It sounds reasonable but you can get five rounds easily in a day if you have no life. Maybe more, like ten or twenty would be more acceptable by the higher ups

I was also thinking higher but since the karma shop currently has about 440 points worth of content in it, the amount you would have to play is just too high especially when you consider that most rounds on paradise are 2 hours long and the fact that they may add more stuff to the karma shop at any time.

Theoretically the system will lead to everyone getting one point of karma per round- there is exactly the same amount of points as there are players. In practice, a significant portion of players don't regularly (or at all) give out karma, and karma isn't distrusted uniformly. Adding additional methods to gain karma or changing the amount players can distribute means that the base formula is changed, which probably isn't a good thing given that the system works fine as-is.

I've been stuck on 3 karma for a long time now, and I've done more than my fair share of shifts. Maybe I'm just bad, so I don't get it, I don't know. This isn't me complaining, but I personally think an additional way to earn Karma wouldn't be bad, but that's just my opinion.

Sorry to break everyones hopes here but the karma system isn't going to be changed, this has been said multiple times.

If you feel like you want more karma than you should work at making things memorable for others.

There are people who have unlocked everything so it's not impossible.

Furthermore it is possible to add to your karma through large scale wiki work or other big services for the server. A compensation can be given there in the form of karma the amount of which will depend on the amount of work.