Should cloning work off of the brain's DNA?

Crazylemon

Aye, it's one of the things I love about this game. There existing these types of alternatives that can be just as valid or be close to the same end results.

Though I personally go with keeping the original body as much as can be done. From an RP perspective, it helps preserve memory and prevent CMD.

If you multisurgery you can fix someone up in less than 4 or 5 minutes even if their entire skeleton is broken, and much of that time is just waiting for the scalpel step to finish. Unless someone has like 400 damage, cloning is very rarely faster. Not to mention the IC bits. i hate cloning

Alright let me note up a couple of things...

First, you NEED the torso and the head (and a brain inside it) to be able to clone a person. Why? Because the cloner scans the body for any injuries in order to evaluate if the person is alive or dead to perform the cloning procedure, which is taking the soul from the dead body and putting it in a regenerating one in the pod. So If you just smack brains there, CODE wise it won't be able to recognize if the body of the brain suffered any damage so it won't clone it.

Second, if we can do it with a brain why not with blood? a toe? or any other limb?

I'm not saying that cloning should work with a brain, and only a brain - rather, that it should have the ability to draw the genetic data from the brain, rather than the body, so that if some unfortunate twerp gets gibbed, that they still can come back as the person they were, rather than monkey (742), when the genetic data to reconstruct the person is still present in the brain. This seems like something that'd be an upgrade from the norm, though - I'll be sure to leave that in upgrade territory. Since this still requires surgeons to transplant the brain to that of a cloning-viable body, I'm not sure how this invalidates their work...

As for the difficulty of implementation, that's on me - I've coded a bunch of features before, so don't worry about who on earth is going to do it.

Irrelevent, you can change the name with the DNA modifier (it's been said here already). You just have to deal with it... If you got gibbed and somehow your brain found its way to medbay you'll get a new body with a new identity but you'll still retain your old memories (like in the movies). But it's not up to me to decide, it's the administration

Post a link of your coding and they'll take a look.

I'm not saying that cloning should work with a brain, and only a brain - rather, that it should have the ability to draw the genetic data from the brain, rather than the body, so that if some unfortunate twerp gets gibbed, that they still can come back as the person they were, rather than monkey (742), when the genetic data to reconstruct the person is still present in the brain. This seems like something that'd be an upgrade from the norm, though - I'll be sure to leave that in upgrade territory. Since this still requires surgeons to transplant the brain to that of a cloning-viable body, I'm not sure how this invalidates their work...

As for the difficulty of implementation, that's on me - I've coded a bunch of features before, so don't worry about who on earth is going to do it.

bro, all i takes for me to fix people being monkey (742) is to tell them to show up with me in genetics with a mask and their correctly named ID on.

shove them into the DNA modder, scan UE+SE , eject, inject from scan, done.

and the DNA modders scans from the ID if it cant see their face...

only takes some seconds + the time needed to get the ID and mask + getting into genetics incase im not the geneticist...

---

THEN AGAIN, most people dont know how to do that incase of a mass changeling name changing bulma apocalypse...

Kinda stupid, eh?

There's one 'but' - what if you lose the original ID? A new one shouldn't contain biometrics.

Your medical records would still be valid, though.

Actually, it just reads the name they showed up as - So if it's "Stickyfingers McGreytide (as Captain Dozy)", producing a UI+UE syringe would name people "Stickyfingers McGreytide (as Captain Dozy)", even if they were otherwise equipped. This is a pretty blatant bug, one that I've gotten to fixing.

Kinda stupid, eh?

There's one 'but' - what if you lose the original ID? A new one shouldn't contain biometrics.

Your medical records would still be valid, though.

just the name dude...

but its fixed now, thanks to crazylemon.

What will we do when changelings get their identity stings working and turn everyone into the same person! WHAT CAN THE GENETICIST DO ABOUT THAT!

Mmm, there should be a way around a mass-overwriting of genes, yes...? I think I'll look into enhancing facial reconstruction surgery, so you can use faces other than what your DNA originally says so...

Mmm, there should be a way around a mass-overwriting of genes, yes...? I think I'll look into enhancing facial reconstruction surgery, so you can use faces other than what your DNA originally says so...

At least keep it simple and doable with 2-4 ghetto tools. Altough doing anything related to vocal cords is complicated and might need specialized tools...

also make it fix the voice!

If I can do anything to help with that, send me a PM or post something in the suggestion I made for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use