Vox lore (arkships and other things)

Keroman

Vox players unite! Don't let the IPC players have all the fun!

The Vox lore is pretty well-written and not in need of much in the way of change. The one thing I feel is lacking is a list of known arkships. Pretty much every other species has specific names listed for their homeworlds and other important locations to their people. As it is there are more than 20 different Vox characters that are played on the server which means if each character hailed from a different arkship it could potentially conflict with the lore.

The only two arkships that are actually named within the Vox lore are First as well as Sunheat Leviathan (which is really only an example name, although I think it's safe to assume that in-game there really is an arkship with that name).

Here's what the wiki has to say regarding naming arkships:

There are only around twenty of them in existence, and they collect names over the course of their existence. An example ship might be 'Rolling Vessel of Seeking Souls Built on Bones of Leviathans, Scarred by Sunheat from Fifteen Systems, Scored by Weapons of Lesser Foes, Taproot to Thirty Tribes, Host to Six Trees'. Understandably, ships are given use-names, such as 'Sunheat Leviathan' for the previous example.

Could we come up with 18 or so more names for arkships which we can list on the wiki? It would be a nice addition for we who regularly play Vox characters to be able to decide which arkship we hail from and potentially meet others from the same arkship. I don't think it would change interactions much between Vox, although it could set a precedent that Vox from one arkship aren't always cloes to Vox from another.

I don't think we need to set up a full-on google doc like they did with the IPC lore rewrite as we're only potentially changing a small part of the Vox lore. Just post your suggestion for an arkship name in this thread and once we've gotten some suggestions I can put up a poll to find out what the most popular suggestions are. Even if we only end up getting a few suggestions for names it'll be better than what we've got now and there will always be room to expand the list in the future. At the very least it would be nice to have 10 named arkships with 10 unnamed ones which we can fill in later if need be.

List of Arkships:

• - First (First)

- Sunheat Leviathan (Rolling Vessel of Seeking Souls Built on Bones of Leviathans, Scarred by Sunheat from Fifteen Systems, Scored by Weapons of Lesser Foes, Taproot to Thirty Tribes, Host to Six Trees)

I have loads of fun. Haven't played in a week or so, however.

I follow the lore as closely as I can where applicable, and I rarely check this particular section of the forums.

Scarred Migrant (Infrangible Sanctuary of Marauding Nomads, Built of Vanquished Foes, Scarred by the Sunheat of Eighteen Systems, Survivor of Calamities, Migrant of Voids, Taproot to Twenty-One Tribes, Host to Four Trees)

Well glad someone finally replied. Was waiting to post my own idea for a name until someone else got a post in.

Immobile Partisan (Once Swift Ark now Rendered Immobile, Voice of the Old Home, Watered by the Blood of Partisans, Taproot to Eighteen Tribes, Host to Five Trees)

One of my friends and I use this arkship name for our vox

Shimmering Guardian ( Stalking Talons Returning from the Void on Wings of Shadow, Surrounded by Fallen Foes, Illuminated by Ancient Starfire, Host of the Shimmering Vale, Scourge of the Central Ring, Liberator of the Light, Taproot to Twenty-Five Tribes, Guardian of Seven Trees. )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use