Guardian buffs and tweaks [edited]

Scrat

Edit: Recycling an old thread of mine with new ideas.

As of current, there are a number of Nanoparasite guardian types you can choose from. I've tried or seen all of them, but a few of the guardians are fairly underwhelming.

To begin there is the explosive guardian, which I'm going to assume everyone knows the basics of. Plant bomb, has to be triggered, etc.

Just a few suggestions on making it a more fun type to select, as right now their use is pretty niche:

- Increase the bomb timer up to a full minute, as in the thing can go detonated for a minute before disarming.

- Allow the guardian to choose to detonate the bombs whenever it wishes. The explosion would be in a 3x3 grid, with the epicenter doing the most damage and the surrounding tiles taking much less damage but enough to hurt a bit and give the temporary deafening

- Make trapped items not disarmed when picked up the owner, but not triggered either. IE: You could pick up a pen that's been trapped, then put it down and still have it able to go off assuming you can do this in 60 seconds.

Next up is another fairly underpowered: The Ranged guardian. Their main attack does a piddly 5 damage and fires faiiirrly slowly. My suggestions:

- The increase the distance it can travel from its master by 2 or 3x, I think. Perhaps like one screen ahead of the user?

- Boost the attack damage from 5 to 10 or make it fire slightly faster

And finally the Support guardian. It's fairly balanced in most ways, but there can be some small tweaks.

- Boost the rate per click at which it can heal a little bit. Right now it's pretty small. It's not supposed to be completely life-sustaining, I know, but making it a bit better wouldn't hurt.

- Let it heal IPCs. (the fact it doesn't do so is a bug I reported, though depending on how it handles the healing this is probably easier said than done.)

And in general:

Add a verb to the master to rename their guardian to whatever they want, one use. Why not?

And finally, this is now a jojo thread.

Edited by Guest

Maybe make the bomb duration indefinite, but have him only capable of keeping one active at the time, alongside being able to detonate it at will and diffusing it when he traps another item, such as the stand ability it's based on.

By touch, Killer Queen may charge any object as a bomb. If a charged object is touched, the charge travels from that object into the whole of a target before exploding and (usually) destroying it completely. Kira may also detonate this bomb at any previous point. However, only one bomb can be maintained at any given time.

Flandre can destroy anything she wants, which is truly a frightening ability with no real weaknesses. By moving the "eye" of the object, where the tension is highest, and by attacking this eye, she is able to destroy the target. She is able to move the "eye" of anything into the middle of her hand, then she pours her power into it or in other words, she crushes the "eye" and unconditionally destroys the target with just a squeeze. She states that everything has an "eye" and that she has those "eyes" in her hand. She destroyed a meteor with a single hand and without touching it, where Flandre stated that she "went squeeze and it went boom".

We're going full touhou, now.

• 4 months later...

The ranged guardian needs some sort of buff.

Initially, it could shoot without a delay, but that got nerfed a little TOO much, so it's essentially worthless now.

Initially, it could shoot without a delay, but that got nerfed a little TOO much, so it's essentially worthless now.

I'm sorry, "shooting as fast as I can click" is not a good idea no matter what.

No, no, don't get me wrong, I agree it really needed a nerf.

But the click delay it was given was a bit too much.

Woha, it could fire as fast as ye click?! Damn, i have a extra button on mouse that does instantaneous double click + normal click right next to it. 3 clicks per click per say and could rack pretty good DPS... BUT im not done, AUTOCLICKER! That fucker can click inhumanly fast and never gets tired. Autoclicker could make that guardian the most DPS "weapon" ever to exist.... BUT since it was nerfed... no more worries. I'm sure there are no other weapons that have unlimited ammo and fire as fast as you click... right?

Enough malarkey. To be honest... i have never tried or wanna try the guardians.. why? If ye get some chucklefuck who doesnt really care if the master dies or not, ye wasted most of yer TC on nothing. Tators who i have seen take guardians end 50-50 in their favor. Once saw tators guardian run middle of sec force and force his master to die... either way, im getting off topic...

Seen what guardians have done and reading up on them, i say some buffing is needed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use