Launching Paradise on Steam!

scrubmcnoob

Finally, the paradise of launching Paradise through the comfort of Steam.

1. Grab the Paradise IP

byond://nanotrasen.se:6666

2. Go to the library section of Steam.

3. Click Games located at the top left hand corner and then click Add Non Steam Game twice; select calculator each time.

4. Right click a Calculator game in your library and go to properties, delete the info in Target and Start In bars.

5. Paste the Paradise IP into the Target bar and rename the game to anything you wish.

6. Right click on the second calculator game in your library and edit its name to anything you please.

The reason for having two games is simple. The first game will launch Paradise station but Steam will notify you that launch failed and will NOT display the game you are playing. The second game will launch a calculator application, a very low resource program, that will display you as playing a non steam game. This is for you to show all your friends what new and hip vidya game you are playing.

tVSWkNc.png

This is what it should look like for both property tabs.

XaN7LYv.png

Look in style with your new game while charmingly asking others for their eternal love.

Damn. I never thought of doing it like this. Thank's a lot, +1

No problem. I been doing this for a while and a few people have been asking me how to do such a thing.

I hope this makes launching the game more enjoyable.

I should probably launch it through Steam purely so it logs how many hours of my life I waste spend waste with it.

I don't think it records your time, but at least you get to have really witty game name for people to question your choice in vidya jamming.

• 1 month later...

Alternative option:

Add the BYOND client as normal.

Open the steam properties, change the name to whatever you want (mine is "Paradise Station"), and after the target destination (outside the quote marks and with a space separating them) add the URI for the server ( byond://nanotrasen.se:6666 ). So, the full string should look something like this:

"[wherever byond is installed]\BYOND\bin\byond.exe" byond://nanotrasen.se:6666

This also allows you to take screenshots, although they will only take the main game window (display window? whatever you call it - it's where the sprites and stuff are drawn).

The disadvantage of this method is that it hooks onto the BYOND process, meaning that you have to close BYOND completely or it will still think you're on Paradise.

Il do you one better

d9a45b8437525ef93ec750bf5771e4c0.png

Just add dreamseeker and NT as the launch option

Note: you need to have BYOND running and logged in, if you have byond running on startup then you dont have to worry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use