Some intimidated noob saying hello.

santis

Hello! (The title did say I was going to do that.)

Ive been playing Santis Decuir on the server for a short amount of time now, not progressing far because im worried about mucking the round up for people if i do anything more complex than cargo.. ive spent a lot of time ghosting to observe and often join in as a sarcastic pai to actually do something now and then.

Ive been ever so slowly practising chemistry on and old, upopulated server and have been pouring over the wiki articles for genetics but im too scared to actually get into the game in one of these roles in case i accidentally self antag by being terrible... if i do get the guts to do it, just dont request any medicine that shift and hope everything will be ok, because there are never any problems on the Cyberiad, right?

Heyyy, welcome to the server! I hope you have a wonderful time here.

You don't have to be so discouraged from those roles, Chemistry and Genetics are easy as heck as long as you got the wiki opened. It's surprisingly hard to mess up those jobs in a major and embarrassing way, but I'd advise you choose Scientist to mess with chemistry and THEN try Chemist (as in, medical chemist) when you can remember a few basic medicinal recipes. Don't be afraid to ask questions with Adminhelp either, there's a bunch of mentors and players that would be glad to help you out, there.

And don't be so intimidated, bro, we got you. :)

Oh, yeah, feel free to ask T.E.R.R.Y. or NTSAM-twenty-million-numerals-er-something for help if they happen to be a fellow coworker.

Edited by Guest

Hey man, I play Maxwell Edison and I'm online most nights (or every other night) for a round or two.

If you're interested in anything related to Science (i.e. Robotics, R&D, Chemistry, Toxins, Xenobiology) just sign up as a Scientist and ask around if someone can show you the ropes. I know that I'm ALWAYS down to show someone how slime breeding/splitting works in Xenobio. Robotics is easier than most people think. R&D can be done in under 30 minutes with the right list of stuff to throw into the deconstructive analyzer and a good assistant to run around and get you things while you're working on raising the research levels. Chemistry and Toxins area bit more complicated and so I tend to stay away from those, but if you've been practicing your Chemistry you're probably miles ahead of me.

It's difficult to ruin someone else's round in Science unless you go overboard in Toxins testing. Worst thing that can happen in Chemistry is you blow yourself up. Xenobio is pretty self-contained (but DO NOT inject liquid plasma in gold slime extracts as it will get you into super-trouble). R&D can print out weapons but the cases they're contained in upon being fabricated are only unlockable by Security and the Captain. Robotics can make some scary mechs with the right materials, although usually R&D claims all the good stuff as soon as a Miner makes a drop at the ore redemption machine in Cargo.

Obviously if you go out of your way to grief someone it'd be pretty easy to do as a Scientist. You could make all sorts of nasty chemicals and spread them around. You could build some mega-grenades. You could release hostile slimes into the halls. It's easy to avoid all that stuff even if you don't know what you're doing. Just stick to your lab and start small.

We've all been noobs at some point or another. I've only been playing for about a month now and I'm still uneasy playing most roles outside of Science or Cargo. But you gotta jump in sometime. A good starting point if you'd like to learn Engineering or Security is to play a cyborg and pick the module for either of those. You just follow the orders of the Command Staff and the AI to the best of your ability and nobody will expect too much of you.

Best of luck to you! If you see Maxwell Edison (or my IPC character, MAX Ed-OS-n) feel free to say hi.

Another Intimidated noob-

Hi I'm also new, got onto Paradise just before it was D-listed. I really enjoy this game like I've enjoyed no other for a very long time; I'm a long time table top roll player. Trolled a little at the beginning, nothing to serious, just blocked access and stole pushable objects from people. It's hard when your new to learn a complex game, and this one has particular etiquette that you need to understand too. Now i'm more immersed in my rolls on board the ship.

I've mostly played botanist for many many hours and still haven't completely mastered it. I like to be in character and often choose random names and appearances, but I also play Dudenheimer and Earl MacNeil.

I've tried other servers but really only liked playing on Paradise. It may be because the rule set is slightly different between servers, but I also liked the larger population, and something about Paradise seems more put together.

Anyhow, that was a mostly pointless rant, more of an introduction i guess. I'm usually a lurker when it comes to forums and the like, but I promise to pop back in and post here or there.

Cheers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use