Tauka's Drawings

Tauka Usanake

So PhantasmicDream does amazing drawings and is slowly enslaving everyone stealing their souls in her drawing and Machofish does amazing work, and NTSAM is, well...I'm totally picking on you :P

BUT IT TURNS OUT I ALSO DRAW. Just a little. I'm no where good as Phantasmic and Macho and at best I can call it a middle schooler's level of freehand (I'm 23 :( ) and I don't use my laptop tablet enough to practice drawing. Freehand just feels nicer to me.

Anyways I thought I just on the bandwagon and upload some things I can manage to draw. Don't think for one second I'll be able to draw any requests. I can try but without some kind of reference to start off with I doubt I'll get much done.

So my first drawing which I surprisingly did just today without any reference is this:

2VNwDRt.jpg

It's my Tauka character cuddling a slime... I thought, "What the hell, I might as well put SOMETHING up and see what everyone thinks of my art style." I really want to draw more and doubt I'll get a lot done. I'll take back what I said earlier and try some requests because I know I'll get tired of drawing just the people I play as.

I'm going to try coloring it in now and upload that so I wonder if anyone will comment on it before then.

Just gotta say the slimes' faces are flipping adorable!

So PhantasmicDream does amazing drawings and is slowly enslaving everyone stealing their souls in her drawing

First it's paradise, then the world. [insert evil laughter in here]

Quick notes from an average drawer

Forearm and upper arm are pretty much the same length

do a round curve for joints, unless the clothing is something that's weird at the joints or something idk but you seem to already be doing this

i find long hair easier to start with

you're doing poses well, make sure to work on legs poses so you can try an adapt to make full dynamic poses, like a mid-swing crowbar or somethin

this is as much as i can describe sir

Just gotta say the slimes' faces are flipping adorable!

Yeah, I figured if I could make some contribution to the Paradise drawing front it would be the slimes faces. I also couldn't think of any other way to draw them so I stuck to my basics and made them like that.

Also:

APRdIxx.jpg

Wow, that went by faster than I thought it would. Coloring needs work, and I totally forgot I could ink everything before I broke out my color pencils. It was too late by then.

And then NTSAM's request, as good as I could. :) I will get better with practice and some instruction so don't worry!

I'll be murdering IPCs in no time

sosorry to break the fanfare though, but a great way to practice is to make as-detailed-as-you-can-be character profiles, performing an idle action, or whatevewr

it's helped me a lot

sosorry to break the fanfare though, but a great way to practice is to make as-detailed-as-you-can-be character profiles, performing an idle action, or whatevewr

it's helped me a lot

Can you show me an example? I mean I want to say I know what you're telling me, but it seems sleep wants to make me operate slower.

Quick notes from an average drawer

Forearm and upper arm are pretty much the same length

do a round curve for joints, unless the clothing is something that's weird at the joints or something idk but you seem to already be doing this

i find long hair easier to start with

you're doing poses well, make sure to work on legs poses so you can try an adapt to make full dynamic poses, like a mid-swing crowbar or somethin

this is as much as i can describe sir

Some more quick notes;

Don't be afraid to do a light sketch of the pose in a stick man style it can be helpful if you don't know what you're wanting to do (I do it all the time).

Using a measurement from foot to knee, a person is about three of that high, so foot to knee which then measures the same length as knee to the groin and then groin to shoulders. Shoulders are two heads wide, a person is about 7 heads tell, with resting arms, the fingertips reach to a bit above the knee (depends on the person mind you) and feet are the same length as you're forearm.

Unsure of how to do a pose? Search up references! There's thousands and they are helpfully.

i can't post any of my drawings, but let me do something really bad in paint as i suck at drawing with meeses

no wait give me a second this is turning out shit

forgive me padre for i have sinned

a09b530895.png

i know its bad but lets not kill the topic

ontopic, this is what i'd consider idle, lifting dumbells, maybe running or standing between a rock and a hard place heroically

Wow, that really is bad, but I like it for some reason. :)

I guess I understand the idle pose. Just draw enough times to get the feeling of what you are drawing. I need to do that more then.

I normally always start my drawings with stick figures. What I don't do too well is drawing the body around them. Granted the stick frame isn't too correct either. Just needs more practice I suppose.

What also helps when doing the stickman base is having a box or something to be be the rib-cage and pelvis, also, yes people are rounded and curvy and can sometimes be a distraction and you can find yourself focusing on making it rounded then the whole figure may start to look a little wack, so sticking with the straight lines for that isn't too bad to start with and then go back and curve it... if that makes sense...

k8litUJ.jpg

Also stickmen are only guide lines, you don't have to follow them directly because most likely you would have just roughly sketched that out and some of the things might be odd on them.

And when drawing muscles use references because it can look really odd if you don't know what the muscle is supposed to look like (it's why most people I draw aren't muscular because it's a pain in the ass to draw sometimes)

^ thats a really good frame, i actually might need to use it

make sure to not make your legs too far apart, otherwise poses will be very hard

and if you feel embarrased drawing some stuff you're gonna have to get used to it, trust me, it happens to every artist once in their lives.

• 3 weeks later...

I'M BACK! Due to reasons I was kind of out of it for a good week or so. Thankfully PhantasmicDream used her magnificent witchcraft and cheered me up! She also gave me an idea of a drawing which was WELL NEEDED during the time. I present to you my latest and actually greatest so far creation!

ss13___r_a_b_b_i_t__armor_by_tauka_usanake-d9i88tc.jpg

Damned jpg

I'm guessing for those who read Dreamy's art topic and know my interests you can guess what happened in here. For those of you who don't [spoiler2]too bad, secrets are paid in blood, go figure it out yourself.[/spoiler2]

I seriously have nothing else to say now! Just wanted to post this up and see what comments/reactions/death threats I get. Maybe I will consider requests now but I won't make solid promises until after Christmas when I get my laptop back into better status.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use