Make X-Ray Guns only fire 3 shots

Taaketa

Before they run out of energy. They are absolutely giving the blob 0 chance to fight back. All it takes is one person to get to RnD Grab an x-ray gun to destroy a rogue AI or Blob in around 10 shots. Never needs to reload, can ignore all degrees of defence or attack that either can do.

If someone wants to use X-ray guns to destroy blob or AI several should be printed and force them to actually organise to kill it. Sometimes an AI or Blob doesn't even have time to react becasue of it.

Its called git gud and its called get your shit done before anyone actually decides to do RnD out of boredom.

And I've been killed with X-ray lasers as a malf AI before.

Before they run out of energy. They are absolutely giving the blob 0 chance to fight back. All it takes is one person to get to RnD Grab an x-ray gun to destroy a rogue AI or Blob in around 10 shots. Never needs to reload, can ignore all degrees of defence or attack that either can do.

If someone wants to use X-ray guns to destroy blob or AI several should be printed and force them to actually organise to kill it. Sometimes an AI or Blob doesn't even have time to react becasue of it.

You realize the planets basically have to align in order for X-ray guns to even exsist?

1) A science nerd has to do RnD. Some people can do this in 20 minutes, some people can shove everything they can get their hands on into the destructive analyzer for 2 hours and not break level 5 in any category. Some people give up or throw a hissy fit if Robotics won't give them syringe guns or Security won't sacrfice shotguns and laser rifles, others still refuse to cooperate with any other scientist in the RnD lab and I've seen people actively sabotage it to get their way.\

2) Miners need to do their job. Mining is 50% luck 50% skill at this point, some rounds 1 miner can get 20 sheets of everything +200 metal and glass without ever once getting better gear from RnD. Other rounds, 3+ Miners can get Ripleys sent to them fully specced for mining and barely scrape together more than a few dozen sheets of metal and the occasional silver or uranium ore in an entire round. Other rounds still a miner will get reckless or just plain unlucky, killed by wildlfie. Whether this being the fool who tries to kill a Goliath or Basilisk with a pick axe, or the poor sod who gets attacked by 3+ monsters at once and just doesn't have the room or gear to respond appropriately. And assuming they work dutiful through the blob alert and comms going nuts as they try to fight you, they still somehow have to get these resources to RnD, odds are pretty good they need to pass you or your blob spores along the way to get there.

3) The Captain, Head of Security, Warden or Head of Personnel need be smart enough to unlock the lockbox if they are built, 99% of the time they will refuse to go near RnD unless thats where the blob is, so it's not like you can call them to RnD and ask them to unlock weapons for handouts. And in the chance that you take these lockboxes to the front lines, a whole slew of chaos is working against them, often times these people will outright refuse to pay attention to anything but their shooting of the blob and doing mediocre damage.

In a standard blob round, you have a bare minimum of 30 minutes to get established with multiple nodes and factories to harass the crew and claim your territory. If despite all the chaos you are causing, people you've likely killed off and what ever part of the station you've basically denied the crew access the crew can STILL gather what they need to produce an X-ray gun and get it unlocked and utilized, the crew has already earned that victory for doing their damn jobs and at least somewhat working together, even if it was just someone stealing the Captain's ID to quickly mine some uranium, gold and diamonds and rush it back to RnD.

If you're a mid-late round event, well sorry but it's not like your round was completely ruined to begin with as late join blobs are generally a second chance for fun.

I ded, pls nerf.

No. Pretty much what Davidchan said; it's incredibly incredibly hard for science to even come close to getting an x-ray gun up during a blob round..not to mention if the blob bursts in/near science, then its' definitely never going to happen. There's, intentionally, multiple departments that each have their own little niche against the blob, at start---sec, science, cargo, and engineering. You're not meant to be able to stop them all; you're going to have to make the choice and weigh the trade-offs...not to mention that, given how many people have to be involved in taking out a blob? It's just not going to happen.

Likewise, as someone else pointed out...you can move your core...

Saying you don't have enough time to react is ludicrous, especially when the minimum time for x-ray guns to arrive, provided everyone does everything perfectly and is waiting at the right time is 20 minutes...yeah, that doesn't just sneak up on you.

Malf AI's can shunt---if you die to an x-ray laser gun, that's on you. Shunting is insanely powerful.

Another thing I would like to mention is Xray guns will almost never happen in a blob round, which is where this suggestion would have meaning. Event spawned blobs are not meant to win, they are a distraction or a shuttle call at best.

Though, can they please only hit organics or something, it's incredibly annoying to see fuel tank logs go off every 5 minutes.

I ded, pls nerf.

I never said that. I was actually spectating a Blob round and saw a Blob holding off the crew quite well. One guy came along 30 minutes in and blasted the shit out of the Blob core with an X-Ray gun. Round over. Very boring.

But k whatever.

2) Miners need to do their job....

I am pretty much able to get all the materials needed for max research in around 20 - 30 minutes as a miner.

I understand your frustration, nothing stops the beam the weapon shoots, it shoots super fast and it is strong aswell. I think the xray rifle should stay strong but debuffed to a certain level, make it indeed so that it takes a very long time to recharge it and that it can shoot lesser.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use