Bartender's Sturdy Top Hat; opportunity for a reference

Edd

Stop the bartender's power creep.

He's got armor, a shotgun that can be turned lethal, a RR, and now you want to give him a legit weapon that is semi-concealed and non-intrusive, as if he was some kind of an antag.

That video is ridiculous, by the way, totally breaking any kind of immersion.

Why not make it a traitor item?

Like, 5 tc or something.

And before you say "MAI IMMURSHUNS" keep in mind we have stuff that's about 20x sillier.

EDIT: And the Russian Revolver can't be used as a weapon against anyone but yourself. That's just... insane to call that a buff.

And before you say "MAI IMMURSHUNS" keep in mind we have stuff that's about 20x sillier.

I was talking about the video (and movie immersions), not about the top-hat IG. I have nothing against having the top-hat as a traitor item. In fact, I think it'd be interesting.

EDIT: And the Russian Revolver can't be used as a weapon against anyone but yourself. That's just... insane to call that a buff.

It's enough that you can get people to play RR, and if someone loses (you don't even have to play it yourself), you can loot the body.

Bartender has received lots of love. Lethal love.

You aren't -forced- to play RR, keep in mind.

anywayyyyyy.

Also, the Sawn Off Shotgun is a MODIFICATION. You can't get it at round start, same way Civvies can't get a toolbelt full of hacking gear, yellow gloves, or stunprods at roundstart.

You do know civvies can make their own shotgun, cannon, and crossbow, yes?

And that glass shards are a nice ranged weapon as well?

[spoiler2]and if we're talking about two different things entirely oh god don't kill me ;n;[/spoiler2]

You do know civvies can make their own shotgun, cannon, and crossbow, yes?

And that glass shards are a nice ranged weapon as well?

I'm against giving SPECIAL weapons to people who already have SPECIAL weapons.

Like seriously, can't you see that's powercreep?

In this case, adjusting to your argument, it doesn't matter if it's ranged or not, as you have proven it is irrelevant if we're giving someone more melee weapons or ranged weapons. It's bad either way.

This thread has been fucking derailed way too much.

How has it been derailed?

We're talking about the bartender's special items. He has enough of them, in my opinion, and he doesn't need actual weapons, especially not concealable ones.

We were talking about a suggestion for a hat usable as a stun weapon.

Then we started talking about the other weaponry.

Whatever.

The only thing I'd remotely consider doing for the bartender's top-hat is armoring it--he doesn't need another ranged weapon, when he's one of only two people on station, outside of security, that has access to a fully fledged weapons permit AND a ranged weapon at round-start.

Speaking of the bartender, are two beanbags even enough to down somebody? In my experience the shotgun's only useful as a deterrent to keep the bar calm.

Ya, two beanbags will knock someone on their ass.

Speaking of the bartender, are two beanbags even enough to down somebody? In my experience the shotgun's only useful as a deterrent to keep the bar calm.

Unless they're wearing Captain's Armor or a bulleproof vest/helmet, they're going to go down in two shots.

Making it viable in combat being out of the question, we could simply give it a clever description.

"This is a sturdy top-hat - it is a small item. It could probably knock a marble statue's head clean off. Probably."

Edit: Speakimg of statues, here's an idea pulled out of "the hat" (It's terrible, I know). Give it the ability to damage statues. They can already be destroyed with many other items, and throwing a hat aroumd can prove pretty impractical. I'm just all in for a reference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use