lower the frequency of traitor/ling

pipextiny

First off i'm not saying the game mode is bad, but after the 5th time in a row it can be boring with the excitement of the round purely dependent on whether or not the traitors want to do something different to spice it up after stealing the same medal every time they get traitor instead of getting placed in to a different antag role like vox,nuke ops, or wizard.

Now about the lings, it is the same sort of thing with the traitor you end up stealing the dna with the sting and not a lot different, this would go on for all of the rounds this is not inherently a bad thing i'm just saying that it would be better if there where more round types in in between all of this

Slightly on topic, but why do certain rounds have a higher chance than others anyways? Wouldn't it make sense to give them all, if not mostly all, equal footing? Maybe a little more mixing them together?

I believe it's weighted to favour rounds that usually go on for the full 2-hour duration, as well as mean the majority of the rounds are gamemodes that follow the traitor format (traitors, lings, vampires, etc). The more interesting gamemodes such as heist and nuke often lead to shorter rounds.

I do think that traitor and its variants have too much of a monopoly on the rotation- I personally don't see the point in traitorling; solo lings aren't that interesting and eat an extra tier-1 rotation slot. Moving traitorling down to tier 3 would mean it still serves the anti-validhunt purpose of not cementing the roundtype as soon as an antag is found. I also think some gamemodes could stand to be higher in the rotation- nuke, wizard, and in several cases heist produce short, action-oriented rounds that can break-up a string of slow rounds- I'd also like to see rev reinstated as a rarer gamemode, but that's a different discussion entierly

slightly more off-topic: is the gamemode selection entirely random? it seems like it's somewhat bias towards picking the same mode several times close to each other, and (this is completely anecdotal on my part) some days seem to have some of the rarer gametypes crop up a lot (of my 6 nukeops rolls 3 were during the same day)

Game types are randomized, but there are priority values in place, which is why we rarely ever see wizard, but always seem to get Autotraitor. I do remember the times it rolled nukie over and over again, and I have no idea how that happened.

Slightly on topic, but why do certain rounds have a higher chance than others anyways? Wouldn't it make sense to give them all, if not mostly all, equal footing? Maybe a little more mixing them together?

I'd imagine certain ones have higher chances than others due to the added excitement of certain modes being played. Imagine if wizard was as common as autotraitor, it'd lose a lot of its charm due to the lack of the rarity, same with cult, et cetera.

The reason why I think that this is implemented this way is to keep rare rounds fun.

If we get like 5 wizard rounds out of 10 it will become boring very fast and overused, now we can have these round a bit more IMO but not to much, keep them rare so that they stay fun!

P.S we need a terminator gamemode.

As the person who OK'd the current weights, the actual reason was to give more opportunities for roleplay, and to keep the rare rounds rare. Changlings are often quite mass murderous, so they have a lower weight then vampires, who have to talk to people far more in order to get their jobs done, so that is higher up. While Nuke Ops don't have any roleplay, the game mode is quite fun compared to say Wizard, so it's higher up then it.

I could stand to turn down traitorling, though, it's happening too often now a days. The rest of the weights I feel are fine, though.

Edit: Have these for fun! I don't rightly care if this is known knowledge

Order in weight:

Auto Traitor

Cult, Traitor-Changling, Vampire

Nuclear, Changling

Shadowling, Malf, Blob, Extended, Wiznerd

Heist

I wish extended happened just a biiiit more often than it currently does.

ALL OF THIS. Sometimes you just want to go through a round doing your damned job and see how far you can get in it and/or micro it. That's me basically in Hydroponics as Alex.

Honestly I'm surprised Extended is even on that list. I would imagine it to be bumped off in favor of, you know, a gamemode that has people doing things. No one besides a very few rares like Extended was my thought on the subject

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use