Minor upgrades for IPCs

ProperPants

Humans (and probably other species, though I don't know) can get some amazing upgrades from Genetics (strength, night vision, telepathy, invisibility, whatever), but there are also risks associated with modifying your genes. Since Genetics has high risk and high reward for upgrading your organic character, Robotics should have safer and less extreme upgrades for IPCs.

As far as I remember, IPCs have optics and a battery, and I have one suggestion for each. An upgraded Optics Array would give toggle-able night vision or maybe built-in Meson scanners. An upgraded Microbattery would give higher movement speed, between 1.5x and 2x (I would say it should give more capacity, but as soon as I see that hamburger on my screen as an IPC, I move to any of the probably hundred APCs in the station. It's so hard to lose charge that having more is pointless. My rationale for move speed is having more energy, but I'll admit that's a bit of a stretch.)

Let me know what you guys think about these suggestions. Even if you don't agree with exactly what I've suggested, I strongly believe IPCs should be able to receive upgrades from Robotics, and I hope others (especially my fellow Synthetics) agree.

IPCs are kinda snowflakey as hell as-is, honestly, so we shouldn't add 2000 more things to it

I don't think giving high movement speed'd be wise, but I'm all up for higher hunger capacity. Could be nice.

I myself think we could go for a weak EMP shield upgrade that can increases your EMP resistance by like 0.5x, it's not a ton but could save your life without being op pls nerf.

At one point, when I felt like figuring out Byond (and, by extension, SS13 code) a bit more, I wanted to try coding viruses for IPC's. Like, computer viruses. How these would be created in game, I have no clue. Perhaps something for robotics to do. They could have a range of effects.

Not likely to happen sometime really really soon, but still something interesting to think about.

They wouldn't necessarily have to be 'bad' viruses. 'Good' viruses exist, y'know.

But its for the thought like hackers etc etc

Also why not make a ion storm randomly give a virus to them like malfunction Aka dropping things out their hands or something and give the viroglist a special laptop virus application or sonething idk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use