CM-Style Chestbursting.

NTSAM

ATM, Chestbursting gibs you and there is no way of getting you back unless the aliums are nice enough to free your brain or if you were backed up.

CM chestbursting simply kills you and makes a hole in your chest, dunno if cloneable but better than just gibbing. It gives you more of that "Alien" feel, as there's a little bit of a difference between this:

9a28cbdb54aa8f4f4117ec31458466d9.jpg

and this:

72f9c089e0_Mercury-filled-water-balloon-popped-in-slow-motion---.gif

I would like to say that's intended so you are readily available to join the Xeno side, other wise you could just turn off the preference and wait to be cloned, leaving the Xenos high and dry in terms of numbers, but I don't know if that was the intention or not.

Well, Kane's bursting wasn't... Clean to say the least, dunno why there wouldn't at least be a blood splatter left behind.

A-and what's with everybody suddenly becoming depressing? WHY?

I'm gonna need more than a bandaid to traverse this forum nowadays.

You can't be cloned on CM either once chestbursted; it's just for effect. You may as well be gibbed.

You sure about that? Because they have rules about decapping or destroying corpses outside the nests, last I checked you were infact cloneable once bursted, provided you were available to re-enter your corpse. Infact, for the longest time you could DEFIB bursted hosts, though they required immediate quickclot and a number of other meds plus internal organ surgery to keep them go, could require 2-5 defibs depending on how many people worked, but I've seen in the field revives of bursted victims and they eventually given a rifle and pushed back into the fight.

You can't be cloned on CM either once chestbursted; it's just for effect. You may as well be gibbed.

You sure about that? Because they have rules about decapping or destroying corpses outside the nests, last I checked you were infact cloneable once bursted, provided you were available to re-enter your corpse. Infact, for the longest time you could DEFIB bursted hosts, though they required immediate quickclot and a number of other meds plus internal organ surgery to keep them go, could require 2-5 defibs depending on how many people worked, but I've seen in the field revives of bursted victims and they eventually given a rifle and pushed back into the fight.

Went and asked, and apparently my memory is bad.

You can indeed be cloned.

To be fair, it's been awhile since I've played there.

It'd really help with that moment when "I fucking hate playing aliens, give some ghost my larva and-- OH LOL INSTAGIB XDDDDDDDD"

You'd still have a chance to play as a human if the aliens are nice enough not to eat you or if the crew is able to kill that fukken alien before it digests you.

And if they try cloning you and you are that larva, just make it appear as "Mental Interface Failure."

Went and asked, and apparently my memory is bad.

You can indeed be cloned.

To be fair, it's been awhile since I've played there.

It's understandable to think that you can't be cloned, since very few people ever are cloned. That's a problem with the server and community though. The planet has no cloning facilities, let alone buildable ones, and the shuttles take up to 5 minutes to cycle (two minute cooldown after landing, plus about another minute or 2 to travel), in addition to only Sulaco staff and squad leaders having shuttle rights, regularly marines can't launch or call them. If the aliens are active odds are the player was forced into a larva, since it doesn't ask if you want to or check if you are still active, and often times it bypass the role preferences to just give people larva even after xenobans.

After all this, it's generally not worth dragging a dead or bursted marine back to get cloned since it can be 5-15 minutes uphill battle just to get them that far, only for them to be uncloneable after logging out or playing as a xeno now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use