Dwarf Fortress

AzyWng

Dwarf Fortress.

It has several similarities to Space Station 13, which is why I put it up here.

• Extreme customization (In the sense that you can reconfigure the furniture and the walls of a building any way you want if you have the resources)

• Extreme violence

Extreme learning curve (I guess? Learning to roleplay can be difficult, it's tough trying to find a balance between doing objectives and powergaming, and I still don't understand anything to do with genetics, plant genetics, or viruses. At all.)

Extreme fun

I've currently got a freshly made fort, I've just dug in, and I plan to take and post screenshots of my fort as it progresses.

A few things that I'll try to do differently than other forts:

• I'm going to name the dwarves themselves after people on this forum (Neca will be someone like Expedition Leader) EDIT: If I run out of names, I'm going to start giving dwarves character names (Sergey will be someone like the militia commander or a military dwarf) EDIT: I will now start mixing character names in with forum account names.

• I'll put at least one set of doors for each hallway and turn, in combination with wall grates in place of windows. This is an attempt to imitate the airlocks and doors that are present in Paradise.

I'll change the job titles to be more fitting for SS13. Military will have security titles followed by weapon used (Axedwarf -> Security Officer (Axe), for example,), Medical dwarves will have medical titles, etc.

Edited by Guest

Dwarf Fortress.

It has several similarities to Space Station 13

Similarities...? Man, SS13 is like a DF game where the dorfs are player-controled, and the main player went AFK, leaving the dorfs to do whatever.

Also get ☼Masterwork DF☼ for extra !!*FUN*!!

Dorf fort is a game where you can play god with minions so retarded they sometimes drown in a puddle after trying to wrestle a rat.

I love it, I have dorf fort running on the background more then I dare to admit.

Lazy newb pack is also great if you don't like to punish yourself with the shitty design of the game itself.

Gold spike studded elf leather thogs are the mainstay equipment for my wrestler squads.

I've played it a few times, last time I played it my dwarves decided that biting the giant spider was a better strategy than using their pickaxes... rip dwarf miners. I'm still a huge noob at DF but it's one of the more enjoyable city managing games :P

last time I played it my dwarves decided that biting the giant spider was a better strategy than using their pickaxes... rip dwarf miners.

You'd be surprised... if one of them bit its head it would cut through the chittin, tearing the muscle bruisning the fat and tearing the brain, instakilling it.

Also you can kick a giant eldritch horror in the ass so hard that it's head explodes.

fancy%2520footwork.jpg

It actually runs on my netbook

How many times did your processor catch on fire?

My adventure mode in a nutshell:

-Find rocks

-Become legendary thrower

-Kill ravens

-Use ravens to kill enemies in encounters

-Steal their silver equipment, drink their blood and feast on their flesh

-Drink some of my salty hard earned sweat and tears

-Murder night creature with silver equipment

-Drink night creature blood

-Butcher night creatures and eat their flesh

-Walk into town to sell some stuff

-Person becomes aggressive and kills me

Best. Adventure game. Ever.

>Embark on a hot biome.

>Shortly after it starts raining.

>So much for hot biome if it has rain, lol.

>Then suddenly the dorfs start bleeding 4noraison.

>Running around screaming in pain and leaving bloody trails on the ground.

>After a moment everybody except the miner who was digging is dead.

>Apparently the rain boiled instantly after touching the ground and scalded everybody alive.

>Dorf fort. Losing is fun.

I played adventure a few times when it got the big patch.

I haven't played it after this incident, I just don't it has lot to offerfor me anymore.

-Be dorf, kill animals for sustenance.

-Your best skill is biting stuff, because why not.

-Bite boars to death, oneshot everytime.

-Your inventory is full of shit you can't eat. Time to go sell it.

-Mr. Generic merchant is willing to trade, cool. I should speak to his daugher first so I can learn more about this shithole town.

-Fuck up.

-Fuck up hard.

-Dorf bites the merchant's daugher in the nose so hard that her brains fly everywhere.

-Merchant starts crying and screaming.

-Lick tears from merchant's face.

Fucking dorfs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use