Do we really need the suicide verb?

Coldflame

Regardless, you're still free to kill yourself without using the verb, so I don't see how this is a compelling argument in favor of keeping it.

I play an IPC. I'll go into crit and be stuck there way before I die. And anyway, beating myself to death ain't fun.

And suiciding doesn't give any right to respawn.

Suicide was part of the base game, as a way of saying that someone left the round and won't be coming back, at least not as their original body. While cryosleepers make this redundant, not everyone can get to a cryosleeper. Suicide also ensures that a random player won't be interrogated for your "murder" after you beat yourself over the head with a lead pipe. And, even if you get rid of the suicide verb, people will just use the ghost verb to escape brig time. Also, the suicides give some funny messages and keep with the hilarious-but-dumb feel for the game. In all, I really would rather it be kept.

[spoiler2]Also, "suiciding" as an IPC is hilarious when people check your pulse. Don't take that from me![/spoiler2]

Actually I've a different idea now.

You should not be able to suicide when cuffed because that's fucking dumb and just used to piss off sec that wasted all their taser/baton and flash energy trying to get you.

Otherwise, you should be able to do it whenever.

Actually I've a different idea now.

You should not be able to suicide when cuffed because that's fucking dumb and just used to piss off sec that wasted all their taser/baton and flash energy trying to get you.

Otherwise, you should be able to do it whenever.

Don't forget straightjacket to this also a great way to stop dying glorious by using the suicide verb

Btw TG has this when your stunned/cuffed

Suicide was part of the base game, as a way of saying that someone left the round and won't be coming back, at least not as their original body. While cryosleepers make this redundant, not everyone can get to a cryosleeper. Suicide also ensures that a random player won't be interrogated for your "murder" after you beat yourself over the head with a lead pipe. And, even if you get rid of the suicide verb, people will just use the ghost verb to escape brig time. Also, the suicides give some funny messages and keep with the hilarious-but-dumb feel for the game. In all, I really would rather it be kept.

All of this. If anything we need more suiciding methods :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use