Revenant

Lolzyking

It is of my opinion that Revenants are little more than a nuisance.

the problems in my opinion are

Essence gained is usually very low unless the dead person you aren= sucking is still in their corpse

I think critical players can be leeched, but everytime I've tried I get a message about their life force being too strong. so possibly making it able to leech anyone unconscious except the SSD.

Reduce the cost of powers, due to essence being so limited, spending essence to talk when the cost of talking was one whole leeching.

Lightning is a trap, it won't kill anyone, and it costs points, useless, either remove the cost, increase the wait timer, or increase the damage exponentially

they need more things to do as well

now all of this would be OP, and is just my opinion, please share your own and collaborate

Lightning is a trap, it won't kill anyone

Actually I think IPCs can be killed with a few shots. Sorry, just uh working in my experiences

I feel Revenants are being held back by not wanting to make them into glorified antags like Xenos and Borers. Their update to their powers makes them feel janky and weird, your supposed to use the enviornment but Emagging stuff doesn't do jack since a lot of it isn't lethal to the crew, and lightning bearly hurts.

Theres currently a PR on the /tg/ github that does the following:

health is now 3 times essence, from 2

you can't punch them to death when revealed

regenerates 2 essence every Life(), from 1

destroyed revenants respawn in 1 minute, from 3, if the dust is untouched

harvest only lists mobs within a tile, as it can only harvest in that range anyway

harvest gives more essence; 10 for dead mobs, 20 for crit or with a ckey, and 30 for crit and ckey

overload light and defile both cost 20 energy to activate

overload light and defile no longer lock you in place for five years while the crew murders you

overload light costs 30 to unlock

defile costs 40 to unlock

defile stuns robots, does more stamina damage to humans

defile onehits normal windows, twohits reinforced windows

I think these changes will be sufficient.

To be entirely honest I'm not even sure why we ported Revenants in the first place, they aren't done and they make a shoddy side-antag given that their entire goal is to kill as many people as possible. And it's impossible to make them fully-fledged antags and give them a centeral role in a round given how passive their playstyle is.

Scrap them and port abductors. Abductors don't kill people. They can be countered in much the sames ways you counter an AI (they use cameras to find targets), and their victims get a random organ that does something interesting AS WELL as getting a non-antag objective. Their entire purpose basically is give people not involved in the round or interacting with the main antagonists something interesting, where as Revenants entire existence is to shit on someone who already is already having a bad round. Hell, I've seen Revenants taking internals off of unconscious Vox (somehow) to let them slip further into crit for soul sucking. How much more dickery does this server really need?

To be entirely honest I'm not even sure why we ported Revenants in the first place, they aren't done and they make a shoddy side-antag given that their entire goal is to kill as many people as possible. And it's impossible to make them fully-fledged antags and give them a centeral role in a round given how passive their playstyle is.

Scrap them and port abductors. Abductors don't kill people. They can be countered in much the sames ways you counter an AI (they use cameras to find targets), and their victims get a random organ that does something interesting AS WELL as getting a non-antag objective. Their entire purpose basically is give people not involved in the round or interacting with the main antagonists something interesting, where as Revenants entire existence is to shit on someone who already is already having a bad round. Hell, I've seen Revenants taking internals off of unconscious Vox (somehow) to let them slip further into crit for soul sucking. How much more dickery does this server really need?

Keep in mind, abductors can put in EMP organs... instantly killing any nearby IPCs and damaging borgs... that and the viral organ that spreads a horrible virus to everybody but synthetics and the person with the gland.

Abductors can be meh bones or murderbones, and they will most likely end up like murderbones. I do like abductors but... eh.

Remember that nothing is as easy as "just doing it"

Porting abductors probably needs a lot of time and effort to be done, if you want to have a crack at it then by all means, but right now I think there are other priorities.

Keep in mind, abductors can put in EMP organs... instantly killing any nearby IPCs and damaging borgs... that and the viral organ that spreads a horrible virus to everybody but synthetics and the person with the gland.

Those are unfortunate, if humorous, results of alien testing. The abductors are pretty apathetic as to how their subject interacts with the environment post-experimentation, and I seem to recall medical is able to remove organs that are deemed dangerous, otherwise cloning is always an option.

EMPs, Viral infections, Mindblasts, blood sprays are some of the organs, if we really deemed these dangerous or overpowered, we can always swap them out with something different. Currently, only 1 organ will actually kill the subject, and thats the plasma cloud, all of the rest can inhibit or make them lynch targets by the crew, but they still get a rather interesting new quirk to try and RP with and around.

Where as stated above, Revenants are intentionally draining and killing people, thus removing them from the round prematurely, Revenants just hover around medical waiting for crit patients to be brought in. Revenant victims get no consolation prize, and if malpractice bay isn't feeling up to the challenge of defibbing/cloning people, you died so that a character/antag who gives no incentive to roleplay can taunt the crew or launch lighting strikes at random people in hopes of getting another victim into crit.

Remember that nothing is as easy as "just doing it"

Porting abductors probably needs a lot of time and effort to be done, if you want to have a crack at it then by all means, but right now I think there are other priorities.

Vegan stated he's 'Something like 70%' done with Abductors actually, and has been working on it for some time. So, hopefully that means before Halloween we can get our ayys

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use