Macto's New Big Afterlife Poltergeist

Crom

Karma accessed new ghost mode!

When you choose to ghost, you can choose to go into poltergeist instead.

Poltergeist cannot see observer style ghosts or revenants.

Poltergeist must possess an item for his abilities to activate. He can only control the item in a limited fashion. The longer he is in said item, his power grows. If he leaves said object his collected power pool is expended. With power pool he can whisper, change the tempature of his immediate area, and activate a slighter faster 'Boo!' spell. With a maximum power pool, he can use it all to curse a target nearby the object, which allows him to transfer himself into the person. For maximum haunt. Can also whisper to sleeping or unconcious people. Maximum power pool expendage also for making the target fall unconcious, so that he can speak to them in their sleep.

Keep in mind, maximum power pool collection should take like, 5+ minutes.

Chaplain will have to make people drink holy water, or his various other tools to damage the poltergeist. Anyone could remove the poltergeist, if they have the tools. A dead poltergeist is into a ghost observer status, with no way to return to poltergeist.

EDIT1 - polt should have a cap of about 4 active at any time.

\\\ I try so hard to think up ways to make the chaplain more useful. Cause nobody wants greytide alternative chaplain. Now hes like pest control!

Edited by Guest

I like this idea partially because of how it reminds me of an idea I posted, but improved, but my question is, what would be the perks of haunting a humanoid? besides watching them move around and most likely get killed in maint.

Having seen how Ghosts interact with a round when allowed to, this is honestly a big no for me, unless it's a randomized event like the Revenant, not a "choose when to do it." Even this, this is stepping on the Revenants toes already, as it's meant to use the enviornment on the crew.

Having seen how Ghosts interact with a round when allowed to, this is honestly a big no for me, unless it's a randomized event like the Revenant, not a "choose when to do it." Even this, this is stepping on the Revenants toes already, as it's meant to use the environment on the crew.

Really? I've had nothing but positive experiences with dead chat when they interacted... then again they could only talk and couldn't move outside of one man's head.

i had a positive experience as a cultist when I was trapped in the afterlife for about 10 minutes, and I even got to make a plan with them to summon nar nar, I think it depends on the player, it should be quite a bit of karma though, maybe the same amount as a vox? most terrible players don't get karma often.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use