Make plasma fires more deadly

Regen

After LINDA was added, plasma fires has been a breeze, if you get killed by one you either got trapped in the room or were somehow disabled.

Right now plasma creeps slowly up on you, and fire moves even slower.

I suggest making fire spread quicker, because it's a fucking ignitable gas, and readding the all fun wall melting, so that plasma fires who are not accidental and actually made for the purpose to kill everything does it's job and doesn't just sit around until it eats the floor or the oxygen, whatever comes first.

Yes and please. Linda is too damn slow as it is, the fact that you can watch what is supposed to be a unstable and volatile gas creep out of a vent or canister a snail's pace that even a one legged diona could outrun... yeah.

Bump for interest, need at least Fox to respond to this, as he is the one who removed "chocolate walls"

I'm not sure removing wall melting would be a good thing with LINDA, to be honest. Wall melting on ZAS turned and otherwise annoying plasma fire into a gigantic catastrophe; someone who plasma flooded toxins and set it on fire didn't just ruin toxins; he ruind toxins, the RD's office, the chemical testing lab, and part of science corridor; all for something that didn't require much knowledge or effort to do. I know ADR really hated "chocolate walls" (his term, not mine).

Floors do currently 'melt', which helps limit the spread of fires to ridiculous rates and make refilling a room easier without causing a ton of additional damage---again, not sure this is a very good idea; large fires already tend to be shuttle-call inducing or shuts down an entire area...don't know if we really want that to be worse.

Chocolate walls (This is a great term by the way) were really deadly on ZAS where the whole room's temp was equal though, meaning if the walls melted, then the whole rooms worth did.

LINDA is about tile per tile atmos isn't it? Then really only the walls that started near the fire would melt, rather then the whole rooms worth of walls.

Should we really be making assumptions of atmos work based on a previous, very flawed system though?

And right now plasma fires are easier to prevent as well as starting, because the room doesn't instantly fill with plasma.

Only reason of plasma fires I see nowadays are those who are not accidental.

What might help, could be adopting some of the fastmos changes that tg has made, as well as their 3 range scrubbers.

Then add an expansion factor to fire. See, the problem with Linda fire is that it's more like a creeping blob, when it should actually be expanding with the pressure to fill the room. Fire is essentially a gas. (Though it's technically more complicated than that)

If you really wanted to be realistic with fire though, you'd need to handle flammable material datums and stuff.

Real gas fire would have an initial explosive and fast reaction, that would burn most of the gaseous fuel really hotly and quickly. The resultant flame would go out but leave any ignited fuel soruce to burn slowly in its wake until the oxygen or heat ran out.

Plasma is done sort of magical space hydrocarbon, so it would probably be an exception and keep burning in the air even after the initial explosion, and would spread riding on the back of the incredible amouts of hot C02 being generated.

So really the problem is lack of burnable solids, explosive ignition, and the plasma fires aren't riding their own magical c02 carpets.

If wall destruction is added to make it spread more I would like it to be just normal walls, Rwalls should be protected as well as plasma windows because of the toxins mixing room.

If wall destruction is added to make it spread more I would like it to be just normal walls, Rwalls should be protected as well as plasma windows because of the toxins mixing room.

That's just an easy balancing issue.

When we had meltable walls the walls inside toxin mixing were fireproof r_walls that couldn't melt, and plasma windows can't melt either

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use