Grabbing --- Now with Prints and Fibers

TullyBBurnalot

One of my biggest gripes with the forensics system right now is the fact that a changeling can brutally whack someone to death with a crowbar, then hold someone tight right next to them for about 20 seconds, stab them with a proboscis and suck out all their fluids...

And leave no evidence.

No prints, no DNA, no fibers. You'd think brutally assaulting someone and sucking all their fluids by basically chokeholding them would leave behind SOMETHING, but no.

My proposal would be that grabbing someone, pulling someone, applying cuffs on someone, or otherwise just interacting with someone in a way that would involve direct physical contact would have a chance of leaving behind a print, fiber or, in rare occasions, a DNA string.

All 'touchy' actions should leave fingerprints, or have a chance to.

Including hugging.

Every person having 50 pairs of prints on them from extensive hugging inbound.

Another addition to the forensics system could be foot or shoe prints. Each species leaving a unique footprint, and each shoe type leaving something special. This wouldn't be all that important, unless it happened to be galoshes, jackboots, or other somewhat unique foot wear.

Hugeass +support.

Also, was the ling just wearing gloves? Maybe it's a ling ability to not leave prints. They could've had a genetic ability, as well.

This'd be a great addition, would really improve the abilities of the Detective during ling rounds, and force changelings to be a little more thoughtful when it comes to leaving husks around.

I raise a pair of black gloves, intelligence with hiding bodies and civvie jumpsuit or something to leave fibres. Another idea- the ability to mess up crime scenes by sweeping over them with an arm or something. This would leave partial fingerprints- causing there to be multiple suspects.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use