Necaladun very rude and insulting

Peter

Admin key: Necaladun

Complaint: I made a complaint about a player and without going into detail about it, Necaladun said that the player was a f****** idiot. He also said that if I had an issue with swearing I should go on another server.

What rank is he, oh yeah 'head of community' so we have the head of community calling his community bad things with horrendous language and he basically tells me if I have an issue I can leave. He does not make an effort to make the place nicer for me, he just says I should leave. A head of community telling people to leave, wow.

As the head of community he should take complaints, see where the issue lies and work on it. Instead, he agreed with the player, called the other player a ******ing idiot and said if I have an issue I can go elsewhere! Wow that's just horrific.

It seems like he doesn't care if I leave

http://i.imgur.com/EV73EO6.jpg

... Because we aren't going to change policy just for you. Swearing is acceptable in moderation around here, we have no rule against it, if you take offense to that then your only choice is to leave. Referring to someone as, quote, a "fucking idiot" is not against our policy.

I don't see any substance to this complaint, and Necaladun is correct- apologies if you feel offended, but if you are offended by words commonly tossed around in our community, then this community is not the right place for you.

... Because we aren't going to change policy just for you. Swearing is acceptable in moderation around here, we have no rule against it, if you take offense to that then your only choice is to leave. Referring to someone as, quote, a "fucking idiot" is not against our policy.

I don't see any substance to this complaint, and Necaladun is correct- apologies if you feel offended, but if you are offended by words commonly tossed around in our community, then this community is not the right place for you.

So, you don't have any care to the happiness of your players?

You don't take care to be polite and kind to your members?

You allow people to just go round insulting each other, swearing and saying they could punch someone?

You allow people to just go round insulting each other, swearing and saying they could punch someone?

I suppose we are all just more jaded on the internet than you.

We know that most if not all threats are bull, and we usually don't take insults personal or find them "that offensive"

We're not saying we're not giving a shit about our players, but you need to understand that we will not change our entire policy because you and yes, only you find it inappropriate

We try to please everyone, but major policies are not changed to account for a single individual when changing them in such a manner would alienate the vast majority of the community, apologies.

I disagree with your point of view of the situation. A player, in-game, called another a "fucking idiot" in response to them doing something presumably upsetting. Necaladun reinforced the point that it is not against our rules to swear and make such generalized remarks such as "I want to punch someone.".

From what I seen from your time here, you seem to take things people say very personally. In this case here,

If you're offended by that or have a problem with it - find a different game.

You seemed to take it as jab at you, when this is not the case, nor was it meaning to be taken as such. This ties in with the issue at hand, swearing.

SS13 is to be considered a teen to mature game. We have massive amounts of blood. You can see pixalated people nude. There's tons and tons of violence through various means, clawing, energy blades, bashing the head with a toolbox, strangulation, just to name some. As such, to censor swearing, a extremely minor thing compared to everything else that this game has to offer, seems redudant. Particullarly since in society, many people will not bat an eye to you for swearing as long as it's not a degenerative insult.

Now onto the next issue,

What rank is he, oh yeah 'head of community' so we have the head of community calling his community bad things with horrendous language and he basically tells me if I have an issue I can leave.

As the Head of Community, we have to have a far broader look at how people behave and how we want the community to look and act. In this case, you seem to be wondering how a Head can ignore one person to allow all others to be allowed to act this way. As stated earlier, to censor swearing in a highly mature game like this is very redudant, particullarly when only one person has an issue with it.

Lastly,

And in this case - yes, the player was a fucking idiot.

I'll admit, this feels out of place and should not have been said. The proper thing to have said in this scenario would have been "Yes, in this case the player was wrong", rather then indirectly attacking them. However, this is also something everyone does in real life as well. People talk behind peoples backs at an alarming rate, very often. The difference between it being a problem is if you act upon those words, or you spread rumors and insults at huge rate (Hello, Highschool kids).

Once again, the original comment of,

Is honestly very true. SS13 is a very opininated game, and many other servers are much worse at this when we are. Please do not take it as a "Get out" retort, but rather as a recommendation.

I suppose we are all just more jaded on the internet than you.

We know that most if not all threats are bull, and we usually don't take insults personal or find them "that offensive"

We're not saying we're not giving a shit about our players, but you need to understand that we will not change our entire policy because you and yes, only you find it inappropriate

I do not think that only me would find that offensive. I would like proof to back up your claim please.

From what I seen from your time here, you seem to take things people say very personally. In this case here,

You seemed to take it as jab at you, when this is not the case, nor was it meaning to be taken as such. This ties in with the issue at hand, swearing.

SS13 is to be considered a teen to mature game. We have massive amounts of blood. You can see pixalated people nude. There's tons and tons of violence through various means, clawing, energy blades, bashing the head with a toolbox, strangulation, just to name some. As such, to censor swearing, a extremely minor thing compared to everything else that this game has to offer, seems redudant. Particullarly since in society, many people will not bat an eye to you for swearing as long as it's not a degenerative insult.

Now onto the next issue,

What rank is he, oh yeah 'head of community' so we have the head of community calling his community bad things with horrendous language and he basically tells me if I have an issue I can leave.

As the Head of Community, we have to have a far broader look at how people behave and how we want the community to look and act. In this case, you seem to be wondering how a Head can ignore one person to allow all others to be allowed to act this way. As stated earlier, to censor swearing in a highly mature game like this is very redudant, particullarly when only one person has an issue with it.

Lastly,

And in this case - yes, the player was a fucking idiot.

I'll admit, this feels out of place and should not have been said. The proper thing to have said in this scenario would have been "Yes, in this case the player was wrong", rather then indirectly attacking them. However, this is also something everyone does in real life as well. People talk behind peoples backs at an alarming rate, very often. The difference between it being a problem is if you act upon those words, or you spread rumors and insults at huge rate (Hello, Highschool kids).

Once again, the original comment of,

Is honestly very true. SS13 is a very opininated game, and many other servers are much worse at this when we are. Please do not take it as a "Get out" retort, but rather as a recommendation.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make that proper reply :) I appreciate that. The other people so far have seemed to just have a go at me. I have not done anything wrong and you made your point in a kind way that didn't have a go at me, so thank you :)

Here's a nice list of times the community has used swears regularly.

db23e4be72.png

27K2Wrr.png

My name is SAA, chemist of chemists!

Look on my gibsmoke, ye Crew, and despair!

saa 222222222222222222222222cute4me

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

hooolyyy fuuuuuuck

90d3666e72.png

The entire notion of the word "shitcurity"

86ff724b31.png

ujHO2SP.png

Cookin_zpss0bwa1cp.png

Antags in combat mechs that kill crew who are obviously no threat to them whatsoever (like Medborgs trying to heal/drag off the equally innocent bystanders they've murderboned).

Shitboticists that supply the antags with those combat mechs due to sheer negligence and indifference (not because they're antag or slaved).

Shitcurity that lets this happen and doesn't promptly secure the combat mechs said Shitboticists produce.

(and fix the containment field cause shitneering forgot to set the SMES's properly)

fucking stupid as try to start a prisonbreak...

Why? It's a 2-5 minute sentence, if you fucked up then take your punishment and stop wasting people's time and ultimately getting genuinely butthurt when you fail to get free; if someone else fucked up, then have an investigation launched by the IAA/HoP/Magistrate/whatever and watch the officer become an assistant. It's satisfying.

I'd quote more, but the list is extensive enough.

69 pages of results if you type the word "fuck" into the search bar 114 pages of posts with the word "shit

Edited by Guest

After hearing all this, I want nothing more to do with this site, or this game. I want my account removed from the game please. I do not know how you will do this, but I want you to remove my account. I also want my forum account removed.

Thanks and goodbye

After hearing all this, I want nothing more to do with this site, or this game. I want my account removed from the game please. I do not know how you will do this, but I want you to remove my account. I also want my forum account removed.

Thanks and goodbye

I am sorry to see this is how this complaint had ended. We cannot alter the BYOND database to remove your account on it, as that's touching a system we don't have access to, but I'll ask Regens about the fourms.

Goodbye and hope you have a pleasent time off

Thanks and goodbye

*Waves*