EMP/IPC

orelbon

Can the damage an emp does to an IPC be nerfed, like instead of outright killing you it stuns you and severely cripples you, id be nice for IPCs to have at least a chance against someone if they fire an EMP like sydies and such.

EMPs happen so rarely and are generally gotten BECAUSE your an IPC.

Honestly the only think that really needs to be looked at is the Ling EMP, and I haven't heard problems from it for a good while.

As an IPC player myself who tends to hang around the engineering department, I have managed to get a little accidental study into the EMP effects on IPCs.

It IS possible for an IPC to survive one or two EMP blasts, though this is quite rare. I suspect it has something to do with light EMP vs heavy EMP effects, much like how explosions have a light and heavy blast.

Getting hit by a heavy EMP is a death sentence. These are commonly found from the singularity. Ling EMP screech, EMP chem reaction, and ion rifles. Light EMPs are much rarer, and seem to be an ungodly hard-to-pinpoint small area from singularity EMPs and Ling EMP screech.

Given their immunity to many forms of traitor "stealth" kills, IPCs can't really have their EMP sensitivity adjusted without making them more powerful against syndicates. Sure, a well placed pistol shot will still decapitate them, but that's hardly stealthy.

HM ? IPC are not immune to traitor chems right now , they can forced to eat pills, injected with stuff and so on. Realistic toxic stuff would do nothing, besides some forms of acid.

HM ? IPC are not immune to traitor chems right now , they can forced to eat pills, injected with stuff and so on. Realistic toxic stuff would do nothing, besides some forms of acid.

Patch to make IPCs only take certain chems went in about a week or so ago. Anything that could effect a machine does, anything that wouldn't doesnt, etc. Some chems were even added that only works on Synthetics as well.

As Earth said, the current live code exempts IPCs from a LOT of chemicals, though they do still have some that affect them in addition to a few synthetic-only chems. Things like Sulfonal, Neurotoxin, and Initropidil don't affect IPCs, while acid does.

A bugfix PR is being made right now that will return their inability to eat/be fed pills. That was something that I forgot to correct in the initial Synthetic Reagents Processing PR.

my only problem with that is the fact you can get brain damage with cannot be fixed, I think you should be able to take the ipc's brain out of its head, fix it with cableing and welder, and then shove it back into its body, since its a robot, not a human

my only problem with that is the fact you can get brain damage with cannot be fixed, I think you should be able to take the ipc's brain out of its head, fix it with cableing and welder, and then shove it back into its body, since its a robot, not a human

This hasn't been true for a bit now actually. Following the port of goonchem, IPCs were able to process reagents for a while, so you could use mannitol on them.

However, more recently, they were given their immunity to most chemicals back, with some exceptions. In addition to that, they were also given a very small number of reagents that ONLY affect them, one of which being Liquid Solder. Liquid Solder repairs brain damage just like mannitol, but only for IPCs.

The PR I was referencing is pretty unrelated to this thread, and was only brought up since someone mentioned brain damage being unable to be repaired.

I did my best to make the info important to the players as clear as possible in the PR description regarding the new chems. You can view that here: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/1370

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use