Deanthelis admin complaint

sakiskid

Admin's Key: Deanthelis

Heya. My in game name is Shane Driggers, and I was just permabanned by the trial-admin "Deanthelis" from the server I've been playing on for close to a year now, for the reasons "Administrator Disrespect, ignoring Space Law & Brigging Procedures as a Captain.."

First of all, I'd like to explain what happened.

Was walking around when I saw Carla Driggers handcuffing an unknown crew member who I later found out was Felix King (another crew member who has been breaking in to EVA for a while now). Carla said that this guy had pointed to a Syndicate Pistol, so I searched him and when he started complaining that I was not security, I obliged and sent him to the brig where I would then get the detective. When I got there, I was admin messaged by Deanthelis IMMEDIATELY, before I had a chance to set the timer.

Here's our exchange: https://notepad.cc/deanthelisparadisestation

Dean was hardly giving me any chance to respond, rushing through questions without waiting for an answer and being incredibly rude. My intention wasn't to break the rules, but to subdue this person who has been breaking into places to grab EVA suits and is now a suspected syndicate. Later in our chat, after Dean threatened to ban me if I said anything that could be considered rude in looc, I told Dean that he "needs to calm down. You're having a power trip right now and we just need to be reasonable." That's when he said: "See, I gave you fair warning, and you went and did it anyways" and permanently banned me. Not a job ban from Captain or security, but a permanent ban from the only Space Station server that I play on.

I was getting frustrated when I spoke in LOOC, yes, but I did not feel like I was breaking any rules. I do feel like Deanthelis was being very childish and defending his friend Felix King, and was getting defensive and getting too focused into the moment while trying to help his friend. It's happened to the best of us, including me when I starting administrating servers for other games.Thank you for reading this.

I'm also posting this to ban appeals. Have a great day.

What's great was that I was in this round.

You brought him in, and when I asked what occurred, Felix told me right up front what had happened.

You didn't, however, offer any proof of this. All I saw was a guy completely naked, sans hardsuit, bucklecuffed to a bed without a charge.

You then start shouting something about 'YOUR METABUDDY ADMIN IS DEALING WITH ME' and acting like a shit in LOOC (I find this amusing and ironic considering you had your own metabuddy standing right next to you.).

This pretty much continues until the hammer hit you in the head.

You deserved it.

Felix was able to respond with what happened because he wasn't messaging the admin. I was trying to juggle dealing with Felix, dealing with the Admin, and explaining myself all at the same time. Believe it or not it's pretty hard to do. I wasn't acting like shit in LOOC, I said one message about this guys admin buddy hopping on my ass and that's why it was taking me a while to respond.

Right, after reading the logs for about 2 or 3ish hours, I got a GENERAL gist of what happened and why things were the way they are.

I'll say this right now, when it comes to in game events, please put the admin PM's above anything in game. Even if you have to sit and do nothing, a lot of the playerbase will understand with LOOC: Sorry, admin messaged me, and usually admins will make sure nothing happens during this timeframe to you.

First off, the reason FOR the admin message.

As I'm sure your aware due to how you were treating them at points in the round, security was very fragmented and there was VERY little communication. In this case, Felix had been in detainment for nearly 25 minutes prior to you meeting him, with I believe no timer ever set on him. Then, he got out, I assume on his own and hid his Identity from Carla and you, where you took him to the brig. While I believe that Felix should not have been emoting all that time AND he should have been much nicer in that interrogation, the PM's were not from them helping a friend, but because it looked like Felix was still in the brig without a timer to the admins.

However, you are correct that in this case, it would be a job ban from Captain or Security if it was found you were ignoring space law and brigging because of suspicion, etc. etc. In this case there probably would not have even been a job ban, or rather any kind of ban, if not for this.

LOOC: Shane Driggers: I'm dealing with your fucking friend admin who's getting on my shit

This right here, is the reason for this ban, after asking Dean about it. Admin Disrespect is one of our rules and you said this after he messaged you. I can see why you would act like that, you just had to deal with, I believe 3-ish people trying to kill someone and you were trying to get some idea and to protect what you believed to be someone innocent before giving up. However, that is still no reason to act like that. Clearing up his questions and being paitent would have had this done in very short time. Rather, you got defensive towards him.

Secondly, according to Dean another reason for the ban was in addition to the disrespect, was you and Carla. I can see from these logs the two of you are probably out of game acquaintances, and I would like to note using out of game ways of communication is not allowed. However, Dean was too far hasty and harsh on this, and rather then banning for it, letting you know about the rule and that we know of the Metafriending is what should have been done. I already let him know what is to be done when in a situation like this and apologize for that bit.

I hope this clears some stuff concerning this, is there anything else I can look into for this.

Thank you for the thought out and well-rounded respsonse, Earthdivine. I'll keep everything you said in mind. My apologies goes out towards Deanthelis, I know that administrating is hard work and it can be stressful, however we're all human and we can all get mad.

Thank you.