New Race: Scaps

DSTAPP

To start the topic think of space carps how they look and their color especially the alpha space carps.

They are same size as humans but they are hunched over.

they can be purple, blue, and yellow.

they have to have a fish bowl on there head filled with water to breath. same system like a oxygen tank.

if they want they can slither across the floor twice as fast as a human to make up for they lack of claws, strength, and let alone little health.

they make a little slithering sound with they are sliding around.

cold and pressure doesn't bother them but heat and major radiation dos.

s,p, and h's are majorly messed up with speaking.

but one major perk they get is the ability to swim around in free space like the carp to which i got the idea for this new race which people are asking to add more.

58bea28a5b8ef_images(1).jpg.e28f2f14551ef926dad4fc92715f8c52.jpg

58bea28a62e61_images(2).jpg.380950796ff562c1fbe939a22b6997d1.jpg

images.jpg.da2066b2297a7f395c91d5569178216d.jpg

58bea28a5b8ef_images(1).jpg.e28f2f14551ef926dad4fc92715f8c52.jpg

58bea28a62e61_images(2).jpg.380950796ff562c1fbe939a22b6997d1.jpg

images.jpg.da2066b2297a7f395c91d5569178216d.jpg

This is original and nice, but could be just Vox : Electric Boogalo 2 regarding their abilities(not sure if Vox are still space proof, buy anyways), if not a little silly.

200px-Screen_Shot_2014-07-30_at_2.55.22_AM.webp

Fishbowls you say?

Movement speed bonuses would be a bit dangerous to play with (Vulpkanin had a proposed move speed bonus that was removed pre-release due to balance concerns), though perhaps letting them move at walk speed while laying down (essentially crawling) would be an option to consider.

Also with David Rossi on the opinion that the second image would be good, gives them a humanoid, yet non-human appearance.

I am all for adding races as long as they are balanced. Perhaps instead of a crawling thing, just give them a small thing like being unable to be slipped by wet floors.

That being said... do you think they would be taken aback by a space carp wall mount?

45 karma.

'S not much different from Vox, being space worthy an needing internals to breathe from.

And honestly I'd say they are not TRUE space worthy, they need hardsuits still, but are capable of 'swimming' in space.

That's just me tho.

I agree with people saying the 2nd picture is the one I'd go for, in terms of appearances.

Thank you for all the comments and ideas guys i was just messing around and talking to the chef in the kitchen and there was a carp attack then i though of its unique color along with the vox, slim, diona, ect colors and adding those colors would be a great idea for a very unique and "New Race".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use