Space Carp Wall Mount

TullyBBurnalot

Because some of us like flaunting it, I would suggest creating some way to take Mega Space Carp that were killed by the crew, nail them to a plank of wood, and pinning it on a wall.

Would make nice Atmos decoration!

Cool idea, possibly could take this a step further and make general purpose wall mounts. Hang that Mega Carp, Xeno head, or Captain's Retro Laser that you stole... whatever you feel like showing off!

Anything you mount could then be retrieved, making is sort of a holding rack (imagine the bartender grabbing his shotgun from a nice mahogany mount behind the bar when a fight breaks out), making it a way to store AND show off stuff. Spriting for it might be a bit tricky, but I'm sure that can be figured out.

As for making things sing... maybe rig up some sort of tape-recorder and proximity sensor assembly to make it "sing" a recorded message. Have your Mega Carp sing, your Xeno head insult your mother, or your fire axe do a spot-on David Buck impression... the creativity of it would be hilarious!

Edited by Guest

So, I just checked and the code exists as expected, but still, I would have to manually copy every gun and head what I do anyways, so no point in redoing it when I am halfway there.

Something to consider would be to start with a limited number of mountables, then expand the selection via future PRs.

Additionally, I'd highly recommend the use of a dedicated sprite file (.dmi) for the mount and it's associated overlays. This would aid not only in making sure that the existing sprite files don't become even more bloated, but also keep things organized.

Feel free to PM me here, grab me on the teamspeak/IRC, or message me on github if you want some help or have some questions.

Can we have a movable fire axe closet?

I want to create my own hunting lodge with a SuperMatter fire, the axe over the mantlepiece and mounted carp on the walls.

One of the ideas I mentioned to expand the original suggestion was to allow some items to be mounted, like guns, axes, swords, etc. Make your axe scream like David Buck, your gun quote Dirty Harry, and your fish sing!

coding as I would see would be kinda odd since carp are not truly a held object. I see this as a very easy fix by using a system of recipes by implementing 3 items and under module with crafting on table

1. being a wall based mount made out of wood.

2. a harvestable item via whatever mob your wall mount was made of.

3. intermediate item holder for the building process unless you want to have 2 items being slapped together for the creation and return of a new item.

alpha - have it listed under as a recipe

bravo - listed as a build able item via the auto lathe.

some 0.1 code sequence I played around with via modules and table_recipe for this.

{

/datum/table_recipe/WallCarp // Reference for recipe Carp Wall Mount

name = "Carp_Wall_Mount"

result = /obj/item/weapon/CarpWall = 1,

reqs = list(/obj/item/weapon/Wall_mount = 1, // Wall mountable crafted from pre-requisite wood.

/obj/item/weapon/Carp_Head = 1, // Harvestable via dead carp sprite?

/obj/item/stack/cable_coil = 1, ) // Replaced with what ever tertiary item could take place of mounting material.

time = 120

}

(secondary notes please indent the obj of carp_head and cable_coil to match proper placement inline with /obj/item/weapon/Wall_mount = 1,. Forums do not like me indenting to match code.)

Forgive me for it is shoddy code since I am still in the infantile stages of dm programming but there are a few more things needed to be added

like the code for pulling the harvest item and of course mounting the thing using directional like chang's sign and the barber pole, weapon datum, etc but I feel a crafting based recipe would be SUPER easy for this.

code tree would be :

Find value data items via prerequisite systems (wood wall mount, and carp)

Assembly of item via wall mount crafting ( run checks to match weapon and values match)

Implemented system via posters system or directional fixing (i.e. barber pole chang's sign with /obj/item/weapon/screwdriver)

anyways let me know how this turns out. I am +1 for building my log cabin in space.

I am almost done, I just need to add the code for the bear and deer head, the carp head is already sorted via attackby on a dead carp with kitchen knives or cleavers. I made a separate file for the sprites, I just need to do the same I did with carp with bears and deer and add the singing thing.

I am almost done, I just need to add the code for the bear and deer head, the carp head is already sorted via attackby on a dead carp with kitchen knives or cleavers. I made a separate file for the sprites, I just need to do the same I did with carp with bears and deer and add the singing thing.

extra points if you build it where i can install a prox sensor on a space carp wall mount and it sing to me every time i go by. This way I can make the ULTIMATE DEFENSE FORT. I will know when any human is coming by hearing my billy bass alarm system.

... and add the singing thing.

Easiest way I can think to handle this is to scavenge the code from tank transfer valves and such to add in a "mechanism" slot to the wall mount (would be invisible to avoid needing yet more sprites) that can accept and utilize an assembly like prox sensor + tape recorder or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use