Baxter's Guide to Atmospherics - V2

TullyBBurnalot

Can a guide about activating/fixing Gas Turbine be added as well? That's part of Atmos Tech, isn't it?

I got the basics down, but I can't seem to ever pass 100k energy (the one who taught me got it at 130k or so). At the earliest I can get it functioning after roughly around 40min, and that's fixing Atmosia pipelines by yourself included (and is much needed, otherwise pipelines gets clogged the moment it burns). A single solar panel station itself provides 70k or so, doesn't it? They're quick to set up and there's 4 of them. It really feels like the amount of work put into the Gas Turbine + Atmosia are redundant.

Plus people wants to arrest you if they ever see Plasma going active. That's if they bother enter into Atmos.

Personally, I feel the Gas Turbine is more of a pet project than a reliable source of power. Haven't really touched it properly, nor do I have the inclination to do so. If I need to use an alternative power source, I'd much rather it be a Supermatter Engine.

Who cares! Everyone shall bow down to the Turbine's Burn Chamber!

Anways, I've tried upgrading the compressor and turn it correctly towards the gas turbine. Upon checking the computer, it managed to find both compressor and gas turbine, but on its status screen it said:

"Turbine is inoperable".

What the issue here? Does both of them have to be upgraded to the same tier, or do I have to wrench the gas turbine to "update" the machine to the new compressor? Didn't manage the latter, as I was killed going out (I was really sad at that moment, did lots of improvement before managing to start the engine).

• 3 weeks later...

First off let me say thanks SO much for the well put together guide.

Yesterday was my first real attempt at getting some full legitimate rounds under my belt as the job so I played it repeatedly following and practicing what i'd learned from your guide and found myself able to take the job into my own hands after just a few rounds.

During a very late low-population round I had the time todo some free thinking and wanted to figure out a time-saving design since following the guide to T was hard todo when emergencies pop up early in the round.

So what I have here is a setup with the working cooling system, much like the guide's, but avoids the hassle of dismantling the windows from The Cluster area, and less need for pipe laying.

Here's the original design I came up with on my own before stepping out of Atmos for a few minutes.

scrren1.png.317da49200d62ded481c1f714c4133fb.png

scrnshot4.png.7e6a0fbb9974f48348b0406e9d2861c7.png

scrnshot6.png.6bec046b4ae31f757b8da09b85d86701.png

scrnshot3.png.ac1a8aee7e4c5cf617f9087e02f10396.png

scrnshot4.png.7e6a0fbb9974f48348b0406e9d2861c7.png

scrnshot6.png.6bec046b4ae31f757b8da09b85d86701.png

• 4 weeks later...

I do not know who Desmond Northey is, but he is an atmos legend. Nominating to be added to the list of honored atmos techs.

I concur. I was training under him one round today. He had a whole bunch of supercooled plasma, which we put into 4 canisters, with plenty still left over. He also had a canister of supercooled nitrous oxide, which we released to make this:

0B19B1B01325BE43861B878B7C9AE5AAEC9CCE69

Winter wonderland! :D

scrnshot1.png

Why use parallels?

Use an array!

The scrubbers went from a piddly 200l/s upper threshold, to 2,000l/s with this design.

It also incorporates the space loop, hooked up to a cooling loop.

I also doubled the mixer, to make it fill the line at a rate of 5066.25kPa as opposed to 4500.

Also Tully, in your design because you didn't remove the initial pumps in the pipe segments the total upper capacity of the scrubbers line is still 200L/S, only the segment where gas is drawn in to the initial start of the loop is the upper capacity 600l/s. You can still have a massive pressure backup behind those primary pumps due to the 200l/s bottleneck, reducing the efficacy of the scrubbers should the station be scrubbing beyond 200l/s. Whenever you make an array/parallel it's always beneficial to remove those volumepumps and straightpipe them.

Removing the two volume pumps in place would raise the system's roof to 300l/s for each 'side' respectively (600l/s) (Since there's two in place by default providing 200l/s upper capacity draw for one half, and another for 200l/s for the other (400l/s), I'm dividing here).

Of course, you'd never actually need as much draw as I have in this system unless you want to siphon the entire station.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use