Second Pod Pilot

monkeysfist101

Following a wage of nostalgia, adrenaline, this video

, and what our scientists believe to be some sort of amphetamine, ooc blew up with the need to implement a second pilot as a wingman or at the very least a tail gunner for the pod. A two pod hangar would be easily implemented as an offshoot from what we already have. All that would need to be changed would be a second pod pilot locker, pod, and a bit of map.

Mechanically, it would make it easier to deal with carp and other extraterrestrial threats.

RP wise, it would give the pod pilot a friend/rival to RP with when flying and on the ground.

EDIT: Something like this. http://i.imgur.com/IEOVi9z.png

Edited by Guest

One person flies, one person fires?

And perhaps if there's only one, they can control both (But have it be a bit harder in some way.).

Sure.

Hmmm, if someone could code a bigger pod, that'd be nifty. I always view the Pod Pilot as more of a search and rescue craft, so having a Gunner/Operator seat in addition to the Pilot, along with 1-2 passenger seats would be pretty cool. Pilot gets his usual 2 shot forward attack with a slower charge up, and the pod gunner could have a turret or array that allows for 270-360 degree firing arc at a much faster rate, comparable to a Turret in the AI Core perhaps?

Alternate equipment could be another option, the Secondary pilot having access to a full Crew Monitor able to bring up a map in the case of looking for spaced crew members, or a Navigation system that could help force the RNG in their favor in terms traveling Z levels, able to select a destination and a 50-66% chance of the pilot being able to get to that Z level on crossing a border (naturally, the Syndicate Base level should not be an option without an emag being used.

Second Pod in general sounds like an okay idea as well, though I'd rather have a bigger, heavier pod acting as Helicopter Gunship patrolling the station than a little 1-2 man bubble that we have now.

Not feasible. That's all I can really say about this, it could be a good or terrible idea in practice, but it's not going to happen. The turret gunner thing is too complicated with pod code, and I don't think anyone wants security to have 2 pods, considering that some still want the pod gone entirely.

Tiger, with our influx of population, we're, frankly, low on jobs. I joined a game yesterday that had no jobs remaining and over 50 civilians. This could be a start towards expanding the job count. With population like this, there's no reason that the server can't support more than one pod pilot, blueshield, chef, etc...

Not feasible. That's all I can really say about this, it could be a good or terrible idea in practice, but it's not going to happen. The turret gunner thing is too complicated with pod code, and I don't think anyone wants security to have 2 pods, considering that some still want the pod gone entirely.

Personally the way I see people that want the pod gone is people just don't want their nuke ops ruined .5 seconds sooner than it would be normally. That said, I've also not seen anyone actually complain about the pod pilot. I would think it has the exact same issues as the Mechanic. That being fucking off into space at the earliest convenience. For the people that actually play the pilot properly, they tend to be an important asset.

Tiger, with our influx of population, we're, frankly, low on jobs. I joined a game yesterday that had no jobs remaining and over 50 civilians. This could be a start towards expanding the job count. With population like this, there's no reason that the server can't support more than one pod pilot, blueshield, chef, etc...

Plus this. Of course, the issue I see is that all the karma jobs are one person. Which I think is why we won't really see a second slot (argument likely being, "if we do it for one we have to do it for all", which is of course a silly line of thought). With summer coming up again, and most being out of school in the US I think, it may be useful to have some slots open for people.

That's mostly my two cents. I think it'd be fun as hell to fly around with a second guy, hell, even using callsigns so we can act out our Top Gun fantasies IN SPACE. And also kill carp and stuff. And protect and serve the station from space and looking damn fine while doing it.

Just wanted to throw a note, the admin team is aware about the overpopulation issues and are working on solutions to it. (Damn zoggin right we are aware the chatbox is near useless with the log spam).

And of course, the admins are thinning the crowd at a steady pace since over a year, calling the wrath of the banhammer over the bald heads that keep invading the station everyday.

I have a very dumb idea

Can we make a second unlisted server with a higher RP standard? My concern would be if Karma could be carried over, but a copypasta'd server that's only advertised here on nanotrasen.se seems the best way to alleviate the stress of having 100 people, regulars and those active on the forum would have the option to flee to the less populated server (hopefully one more on the medxhigh rp side

I have a very dumb idea

Can we make a second unlisted server with a higher RP standard? My concern would be if Karma could be carried over, but a copypasta'd server that's only advertised here on nanotrasen.se seems the best way to alleviate the stress of having 100 people, regulars and those active on the forum would have the option to flee to the less populated server (hopefully one more on the medxhigh rp side

I agree with you completely.

More RP Rules / Paperwork / all the unused stuff like the medical database. I do this often.

I also tried to force as CMO people to keep, the medical database up to date, or made autopsy reports, for security. But there is no real respones, besides Ah thank you , next one. :cry:.

Would love to see this kind of Roleplay more. Just my opinion.

I have a very dumb idea

I agree with you completely.

More RP Rules / Paperwork / all the unused stuff like the medical database. I do this often.

I also tried to force as CMO people to keep, the medical database up to date, or made autopsy reports, for security. But there is no real respones, besides Ah thank you , next one. :cry:.

Would love to see this kind of Roleplay more. Just my opinion.

How is this relevant to the topic? Holy shit guys, this forum needs moderators.

Regarding the pods - one pod is enough. It's a small station. I could agree with having to go to a mechanic for a new pod, but then again you'd get problems where you have 2 pilots and no mechanics.

If you really want a co-pilot, why not hire somebody?

The idea is not to have a copilot, but a wingman. I can't even name the number of times that I've died to a combination of carp and a lag spike. Hiring someone is pointless because you need the single passenger seat to retrieve bodies. The problem lies that with a population this size, one pilot is not enough.

One pilot is enough for rounds up to 60 players.

Beyond 60 players you run out of job slots and space on the station - it simply wasn't made for such high populations.

This needs to be a part of MetaStation thingy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use