Replace Instastun With Stamina Damage

Surrealistik

The only argument I'm seeing in favor of instant stuns is circular; in other words, X should have instant stuns, because Y opposition also has them.

Fortunately, this is a video game, and not a pair of world superpowers, so disarming our proverbial nukes all at once is possible.

Do I particularly favor or oppose instant stuns?

No. I see them as appropriate in some cases, and inappropriate in others, and have played so long, both with and without them at times, that I do not care which way it goes.

But I will gladly point out flaws in an argument when I see them.

Relatedly, the 'validhunting' argument is weak. Antagonists often ignore any semblance of role playing on their eternal quest for glorious green text, and do so with the same vigor that security and, more often, random crew hunt them down.

In addition, there is a very nice thread from a month or two back, by Ponies, about why polls do not accurately represent the actual playerbase. One of the important and relevant points mentioned therein was that many players have little to no forum involvement whatsoever - but their opinions and experiences should not be discounted.

A mindset that appears to have taken hold among most of the participants in this thread is that losing isn't fun, only winning is fun. Granted, that's just what seems to be implied, from my flawed and biased point of view. I have no favor for one side or another in this because it doesn't matter to me if I win or lose; as long as my victory or defeat is humorous or entertaining to me or to others. If anything, as Smush, I have a habit of finding creative new ways to lose spectacularly.

Finally, nuke ops should be pretty much irrelevant to the taser discussion, as far as I can tell. An energy shield blocks disablers and tazers perfectly, I've never had it fail for me or seen it fail for anyone else. My victory as a solo operative earlier last week is the primary evidence I have in support of that claim - though if someone cares to trump my experience with data, like a code snippet, that shows the contrary, I will gladly concede (and take a double e sword next time).

Edit: After some review, it was Neca that created the thread on polls.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, nuke ops should be pretty much irrelevant to the taser discussion.

Yes please. If your going to use an antag for this discussion, leave the Nuke Ops out of it.

They are vastly different from the others due to the huge amount of gear they get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use