Changeling transform.

Fruerlund

Lately during the changeling gamemodes, the antags have been abusing their role not to complete their objectives but only to fuck around by.

Transforming as many people into the same person. This is totally stupid and not really a part of the antags objectives and is merely for their fun. Therefor either, remove the option to transform other people or make some sort of prohibition...

Thoughts?

This sort of shitlery has been a problem on many servers.

A proposal to help fix it has been to discharge the UI DNA when it's applied to someone, which makes sense to me on a verisimilitude and balance basis; you're injecting the stored genetics data.

Requiring a longer injection time might also be a good idea.

I never understand this complaint. I mean it's one thing to meta an antag, it's another to instantly transform into the person without a syringe involved. Yet when I watch Changlings do this, no one ever goes after them, no one says " X IS A LING!", they just ignore it and go. It's the equivalent of someone using a radbow on anyone they walk by and no one bats an eye to them.

It's annoying a bit, yes, but it's also serving its purpose. The sting is largely meant to be used on a massive scale. When everyone is the same name and appearance (including the ling), it's a lot easier to blend in and get away with things they never could, otherwise.

When everyone looks AND sounds like Jane Doe, then security is going to have a damn hard time tracking you down.

Yes, I realize this also means that technically 'lings can go around just stinging people 4noraisin for the fun of it...but...really, this is a fairly minor antag action comparatively---I've also seen lings pull this with LSD sting instead.

This certainly doesn't happen anywhere close to every changeling round, either.

It's essentially too annoying, effective and disruptive relative to the ease of doing it; it has a grossly disjointed benefit to effort ratio; not balanced. Way too spammable and not even all that risky if you have even a modicum of insight when picking your targets.

Either the UI should discharge on use, _or_ you shouldn't be able to do lightning fast stealthy hit and runs/drivebys.

When everyone looks AND sounds like Jane Doe, then security is going to have a damn hard time tracking you down.

I see what you did there...

And yes, I agree with Fox here. Transform stings are meant to be like this, I've always found it hilarious.

I see what you did there...

And yes, I agree with Fox here. Transform stings are meant to be like this, I've always found it hilarious.

I'm familiar with its use as a tactic; it's actually pretty old-hat. The problem is that it's not really balanced; it needs a limiting factor so instantaneous driveby decoys aren't a thing.

It's called an ID and examining said person. A rare spell some people never heard off, but I do have to admit this has been used for great shitlery, the antagonist wasn't even morphed in that person, it just turned everyone to said person *cough* Tarjan Junkie *cough*, also increased awarness, if you have it you could just scream for the name of the fucker who did this, rarely someone does anything about it tough, and here I am trying to bash on security again.

It's called an ID and examining said person. A rare spell some people never heard off, but I do have to admit this has been used for great shitlery, the antagonist wasn't even morphed in that person, it just turned everyone to said person *cough* Tarjan Junkie *cough*, also increased awarness, if you have it you could just scream for the name of the fucker who did this, rarely someone does anything about it tough, and here I am trying to bash on security again.

When the masked mighty morphin' antag without an ID zooms past and injects you while you're interacting with someone/doing something before you know what the fuck is going on (using the UI of someone that's not him), what exactly are you going to do?

Absolutely lame tactic.

Then you just show that you don't pay attention to your enviorment, then again, it depends from person to person.

And yes, I forgot to mention I would like a nerf on this sting done as well.

Then you just show that you don't pay attention to your enviorment, then again, it depends from person to person.

And yes, I forgot to mention I would like a nerf on this sting done as well.

Let's be realistic; if you're in the middle of a convo, and otherwise doing shit, you're not going to be on edge, primed and ready to deal with the UI spamming unided changeling that comes out of fucking nowhere to decoy you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use