Scrat's Race Guide (last updated 03/04/2015)

Scrat

Hey there. A short while ago, I decided to make a guide for all the non-human racial traits for those who don't know which race to try, or in the case of the karma ones, buy. While slim at first, this guide has since expanded into a (mostly) reliable source of information for such a topic. Enjoy!

* = Unconfirmed

Note that the ups and downs are in relation to the human race, such as Tajarans do more punch damage than HUMANS. If an up or down is not stated (IE: It does not state that the race is immune to viruses) it should be assumed they share that same particular attribute with humans.

Vox:

Birdlike beings

- Breathe only Nitrogen

- Given a Nitrogen tank at round start.

- Cannot wear hardsuits fit for humans, but can use magboots

- Special Vox language, :V

- Costs 45 Karma

- Has claws, attack bonus when punching

- Immune to Pressure, so therefore spaceproof

- OldVox and NewVox variations available

> OldVox spawns with a large Nitrogen tank on their back

> NewVox spawns with a proper satchel or backpack and a 2.5 hour long nitrogen tank in their pocket

Tajaran:

Catlike beings

- Cannot wear gloves due to their claws; gloves must be cut with wirecutters prior to use

- Cannot use hardsuits fit for humans, can use a kit to modify it to their figure (found in EVA and Mining Dock)

- Better night vision

- Punches do more damage

- Less vulnerable to cold

- More vulnerable to heat

- Unique language: :J

- No cost to play

Slime People

Sentient slime beings

- Cannot be cloned

- Costs 45 Karma

- Slime language :F, Bubblish, very difficult to speak if not a slime

- No internal organs of any type, and therefore no damage related to such

- Bleeds water

- Does not need air

- Stronger punches

- If used with an SE monkey injector, turned into an adult slime

Greys

Stereotype big head aliens

- Can use telepathy to talk to one person at any distance

- 30 karma cost

- Take 30% more brute damage

Kidan

Insect beings

- Natural armor. Takes 20% less Brute damage.

- Cannot wear glasses or other eye-slot items

- Special language, shortcut for it is :4, Chitin.

- 30 Karma cost

- Can eat diona nymphs, live or dead

Diona

Tree beings

- Slower than other races

- Does not bleed

- Better punches

- Spaceproof, does not need to breathe, pressure isnt an issue

- Requires light to survive. Lack of light gradually kills. Presence of light has a healing factor for toxins and brute.

- Radiation resistance. Large doses (IE: Singularity and radiation storm) don't seem to have anything beyond short term effects.

- Special language; :q

- No karma cost

- Does not feel pain - can take any amount of damage without falling into pain crit, but will fall down in the seconds before death.

- Extremely vulnerable to "Plant-B-Gone" weed killer, 2 sprays is lethal.

Skrell

Fishlike beings

- Can breathe underwater, usefulness in space is limited

- Cannot wear hardsuit helmets not tailored for them

- No karma cost

- Special language: :K

Unathi

Reptilian beings

- Higher punching damage

- Slightly better night vison

- Good heat resistance

- Bad cold resistance

- Special language: :o

- Cannot wear human gloves, boots, or hardsuits unless modified

- No karma cost

Machine Race:

-Immune to pain (Pain stills drops them but only at negative -100% Paincrit which they recover from fairly quickly)

-Immune to Oxygen Deprivation, doesnt breathe

-Weak to Brute Damage (take about 30% more brute damage)

-Consumes Electrical Power from APC devices. Use grab intent on an APC to do so. Replenishes hunger by doing so.

-Limbs are easily lost and injured

- All forms of radiation inflict no damage and the radiation random event and supermatter explosion do not give hallucinations

- Immune to clone damage, that is, doesn't take clone damage from slime attacks but the other damages that they inflict remains.

- Cannot use SE injectors

-No blood, cannot bleed out.

-Low pressure is extremely lethal, causes overheating very quickly

-Extremely sensitive to EMPs, even slight exposure can be instantly lethal.

-Has no pulse. Can only be determined if alive by Medical Scanner-Medical HUD

- Does not process any reagents whatsoever. Injected poisons and medicines alike have no effect and can even be extracted later with a syringe.

- Cannot eat or drink, including consuming pills.

- Fully mechanical body. This means that as well as being weak to EMPs, every body part can be repaired to more or less the full extent with a welder (brute) or cable coil (burn), but you cannot repair yourself.

- Cannot catch diseases

- Cannot be cloned. Instead, collect their arms, legs, head, body, reattach the head to the body, then reattach the limbs to the body to bring back to artificial life.

- 1 laser shot to the unprotected head usually = death

- Special language, Trinary, used by :5

- Can use *beep, *ping, and *buzz like a borg can

- 15 Karma Cost

Plasma People

People made of plasma

Note: Race is currently in a beta phase and buggy. Further details on race will be provided when available.

- Requires a space suit at all times and therefore cannot wear anything else on the Exosuit slot or helmet slot. (given one of each at round start)

- Breathes only Plasma (given a tank of it at round start for this purpose)

- Gets set on fire if suit or helmet is taken off

- Effectively immune to viruses because of suit and plasma internals

The blood colours for all races:

Plasmen bleed red

Greys bleed red

Vox Armalis don't bleed at all

Skrell bleed dark blue

Tajaran bleed red

Unathi bleed red

Vox bleed sky blue

Kidan bleed red

Diona don't bleed at all

IPCs don't bleed at all

Slime People have clear blood / water

Edited by Guest

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About slime people:

-They are NOT vulnerable to water, as their blood is water.

-Their punches are stronger, they bludgeon.

-Slime language - Bubblish (:f): Languages of slimes, a mixture of bubbling noises and pops. Almost impossible to speak without mechanical aid for non slime people. ( Squishy bubbles and pops, "Text").

-They don't need to breathe.

-They blood is water, and people can slip on your blood. Is hilarious to see how the traitor who killed you slips on your blood and breaks a leg.

-They don't have a brain, thus borers can't control them. They still can infest them, but they are a bit miserable there. And no, they can't have brain damage at all.

-Actually, they don't have internal organs AT ALL, no heart, no lungs, no livers, no nothing!

-They don't have bones, so they can't break. (they still leave a skeleton when they rot, but that's a bug )

Kidan: they do NOT have their own language.

-((They can't wear hardsuits, but they can wear space suits (AKA softsuits).))<-- Scratch that.

-They can eat diona nymphs, even alive ones. An alive diona can chestburst a kidan if they move in their belly.

Diona: (AKA tree people, ents, or fukken OP tanks)

-Their punches are a bit stronger and can cause bleeding, identical to tajara scratching.

-They can't wear hardsuits, and they don't need them at all, as they are space proof, more or less.

Edited by Guest

Greys: I play them all the time, and they only have one form of telepathy as far as I can tell; the one that only goes to one single person. Unless this is a recent addition, in which case I'll have to check. But probably not.

EDIT: No, they definitely only have one telepathy. And sulphuric acid immunity is currently not working, by the way.

Edited by Guest

"- Speech effect, all "r"s are rolled and more pronounced."

Fairly sure this is wrong as something racial, it's just a thing people do to keep in line with the RP of the race. Not a feature by any means.

Just to add:

Tajaran punches have a good chance to cause bleeding damage.

Kidan does not have a language and cannot use any kind of protection to the eyes. Also, lore wise they can't use any hardsuits, but the game mechanics allow them to use a full hardsuit.

Also, Kidan have an extra damage protection. The basic taser weapons rarely hurt a Kidan. And once I played as a Kidan, and got a Marauder's missiles to the face. Most of the damage was deflected by my extra defense, and I was alive. But I was in crit and died after a few steps. We are talking about a damn Marauder here, but still, it's something to be happy about.

Unathi and Tajaran can use human hardsuits. But for rps, please pretend that this is painfull, because of the lack of space for tails, horns, ears and such. Inside EVA there's kits to turn hardsuits into Unathi/Tajaran hardsuits. But after the kit, no matter the hardsuit you have, it'll turn into an engineering hardsuit for the species of your choice.

Tajaran is plural, Tajara is singular. And they usually talk in third person.

Tajarans can wear human hardsuits with no downsides.

Once bay finishes up the hardsuit rework, this will no longer be the case.

And by rework, I mean there will conversion of any hardsuit into a Tajaran compatible hardsuit (ie: use a hardsuit kit on Captain's armor and it becomes Tajaran Captain's armor...not an engie suit).

All these dirty species traitors in here, really.

AUHC1Ib.jpg?1

Glorious Humanity rundown:

++ ~~The Master Race~~

+ Can use eye protection

+ Breathes Oxygen, like a real sophont

+ Can wear gloves without ruining them! Yeah!

+ Can wear sunglasses indoors and at night! The coolest dudes on station, right here, yeah.

+ Hardsuits! They're spacesuits! But with armor! And we wear 'em all!

+ Good enough for your ancestors, good enough for you

+ No extra damage from any source

+ Completely immune to EMPs

= The metric against which other Xenos are compared. Therefore, the best among them.

- Requires spacesuit and oxygen supply to not die in space. Pfah, only a minor setback.

- No natural armor or weapons. Who needs 'em, anyway?

- Bleeds, therefore dies. Doesn't mean it's easy.

- No speshul snowflaek languages. What, Common not good enough for you? Filthy xeno.

0ubIoCs.jpg?1

In conclusion, Glorious Humanity is the best and greatest, and the only people who play anything but are dirty species traitors.

Edited by Guest

Adding Machine and some missing Skrell Abilities

Skrell- Skrell do not get sick.

Note: Their are also hardsuits for them in the code but they are not used for some reason.

Machine Race-

-Immune to Viruses(?)

-Immune to pain (Pain stills drops them but only at negative -100% Paincrit which they recover from fairly quickly)

-Immune to Oxygen Deprivation

-Resistant to (Toxins/Fire about 30%)

-Weak to Brute Damage (take about 30% more brute damage)

-Consumes Electrical Power from APC's (passive intent-click APC to nom some of its power)

-Limbs are easily lost (I haven't played a round yet where I didn't lose a limb)

-No blood (They can't bleed out)

-Low pressure is extremely lethal

-Extremely sensitive to EMPs even slight exposure will cause serious damage

-Has no pulse. Can only be determined if alive by Medical Scanner-Medical HUD

-All Drugs/Medication is only 30% effective or so on them. (I was in cryo without a suit and my health didnt move an inch for like 5 minutes. Much easier just to weld repair)

What this race does best is living and moving even when close to death. As they do not ever enter a dying state or pass out from pain they essentially have 100% to -150% health Range. All other races pass out below 0% Machines pass out below -100% and die at -150% Once I had both my legs and one arm blown off. I crawled to medical and robotics after collecting my limbs with my one good arm and repairing myself with my trusty Welder.

Made corrections and additions to the main guide as needed. Thanks for all the help guys! :D

Though, Wisewill, by 'low pressure is deadly for machine people', do you mean that a hardsuit is needed in a vaccum (or outside) or the robots will die quicker than humans?

Machines seem to no longer be able to eat from APCs or deal with their hunger in any way. At least on Sigurd that is so. They also still vomit from corpses.

The grab intent allows you to draw energy from the APCS. I was doing it just last night.

Machine people

-Consumes Electrical Power from APC's (grab intent-click APC to nom some of its power)

-Do not require food, as they eat electricity.^

EDIT: Oh right also

-Speak Tradeband as well as common and your chosen secondary.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to Vox, keep in mind that they can survive in vacuum, which is a huge boon considering there are no - on station - hardsuits that fit a Vox (That I've discovered, please correct me if I'm wrong). Additionally, Vox start out with Vox Boots, which have a special functionality that is identical to magboots, however there is no speed penalty.

Also, while we know that Vox must breathe nitrogen, there's a couple tidbits about that. The station's air gives periodic toxin damage, as if you were breathing poisonous atmosphere like plasma. I also discovered that pure oxygen from tanks knocks you out like a light whilst suffocating you.

One other thing, as of right now, playing as a Vox forces you to have a randomized name. I'm hoping this changes sometime in the near future, as RP wise it hinders the ability to keep a consistent character.

Made a few more edits. Recently got a thanking from one of the administration for the guide. Though I don't accept full credit (the community practically wrote it together) its good to know that the work is worth it. As always, list notes or additions if any happen to be discovered on the current races. On the off chance after race is added, myself and I'm sure others will be right on figuring out the pros and cons. :)

Slime people take bone damage. Which is a little disappointing. I've yet to get organ damage though. So that's nice.

Slime people do NOT have internal organs at all.There's nothing to break. No brain to have brain damage (Yes, you should RP a simple minded creature, not an intellingent slime scientist, xenobiologist is fine though),no kidneys, no liver (alchohol should be lethal to them, or at least affect them a lot), no lungs and no heart.

Slime people can be infected by a borer, which I tested yesterday on Squishy Larkens.

Does this mean it has a brain after all? The funny thing is that, being translucent, people should have seen the borer inside his head :P

Slime people can be infected, but they cannot be controlled. A borer is basically just sitting inside the slime.

Come to think of it, I indeed never tried to control you because you were cooperative (and suddenly died)... Damn. False assumptions then :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use