Nerf Diona into the ground

Psyentific

I'll throw my lot in with the original post.

Being able to shrug off damage like they do is a ridiculously powerful trait in itself.

I understand that their ability to be space-worthy, fireproof and not need atmosphere is part of their 'canon' - which cites that the diona developed from giant, sentient masses of millions of tiny little organisms that survived by orbiting near stars.

I think their speed should be heavily nerfed as the remaining option. As suggested earlier, they should move as slow as a malnourished crewmember all of the time.

Being space-worthy implies being able to shrug off damage, seeing that so much crap is constantly flying around in space. Why don't we just meet somewhere in the middle and make them die slower from suffocation damage, and make them take a little more brute damage when attacked, but still less than humans? I also think they should take less damage or just be immune to at least low levels of electricity, seeing that they are made of wood. And of course keep them slow.

I feel like "too many...already karma locked" is pretty arbitrary.

If the issue is the race being overpowered, it makes sense, to me at least, to restrict its use to people who you can reasonably expect not to abuse it.

I didn't actually check to see if anyone mentioned this, but the "health" meter you were referring to, Psy is actually not health at all. The meter is in fact a pain meter, and at critical or around there you will eventually pass out. Different damage types being more or less painful. In one update ponies made dionaea immune to pain damage, so that's why you see a constant 100 on it, and not because you aren't taking damage.

Yeah, I think BS(?) made that feature, NO_BLOOD, IS_SLOW, NO_PAIN flags apply to adult dionae.

The problem is that Bay relies on administration and policy to compensate for unbalanced features. A bit questionable within Bay, but completely terrible if you're not Bay.

Bay banned being robust, so it doesn't matter if they code in unbalanced features. We didn't ban being robust, ergo...

The recipe for Atrazine (Plant-B-Gone) has been modified from the obscure "water+toxin" to Chlorine+Hydrogen+Nitrogen. This will make it a lot easier to make for the average chemist. The recipe is updated on our own wiki.

But yes, Atrazine wrecks Diona's days--I can't comment, yet, on how overpowered they are or not, but they will not survive a couple of sprays.

Also, acid wrecks them (like everything) really badly too.

So many inaccuracies in this thread it's not even funny. Diona are so slow if you can't take one out you shouldn't be playing this game.

Hyperzine, 50 units (one pill) lasts ages. they don't suffer drawback and it is very easy to make for a chemist. They will rarely refuse it. Remove the hyperzine effect from dionaea. And yea, the slowness makes diona very less combat and almost next to none grief preferable races. They can't outrun shit and the breach station is doable but preferable if you have magboots, by then you probably had access to an hardsuit anyway. They can escape through space at any time, givin that. They do well against npc's mobs, cause of survivability

Also, don't switch them with grey for karma unlock. The only real strength of grey is acid proof. which is one of the most griefiest weapons in the game. Poly acid smoke bombing where ever you go, nobody can touch you.

You guys forgot to mention that diona like every other non human race is literally unable to disguise themselves.

Also their slow speed makes them unable to escape attackers or security. The only thing diona do really well is space travelling and maybe botany.

And they don't heal burns so weld away.

Increased melee damage with fists doesn't matter since nobody ever uses their punch if they have screwdrivers, extinquishers, guns, crowbars, hatchets, knives etc.

The only big advantage a diona has is space travel which can be big if used right.

And aren't grey's the race with the acid blood?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use