An alternative to crew transfer: Round-end Events

veganzombeh

Instead of almost every round that ending in a crew transfer at the 2 hour mark, I suggest we create Round-end Events. These would be like random events, but really deadly and only occur more than 1 hour 45 minutes into the round. I'd also suggest that the shuttle is automatically called as soon as one begins, or a centcomm announcement advises the crew to call the shuttle.

It is a good idea, but also a very large idea.

It needs a lot of code, balancing, different events etc.

If you want this to actually be a thing I suggest seeing what the community things about it, then go ahead and start creating an actual thread for it where you explain your ideas in detail and get more people to join you, that way we are not the only ones creating it, making it a better "round end" for everyone

Anyways +1 from me

I heavily disagree with this idea. Not only does it not make sense from a realism standpoint, it completely renders meaningless the efforts of the crew throughout the round to keep the station safe and its people alive. Having everyone transfer safely into the shuttle at rounds end is a reward to those who spend their time and efforts saving lives and fighting off threats to the station - removing that simply for the sake of 'making things interesting' is inconsiderate at best, selfish at worst.

what about putting the random event IN the crew transfer voting?

now people can choose for a chaotic round ender alongside the normal crew transfer and the continue round thing.

This actually sounds better. People can vote for the event if they like them, otherwise have a normal crew transfer.

I don't know... if people find end round boring than sure I think that a vote option should be there. However, I thought that the end-of-round shuttle period was for making up for any boring end to a shift.

IMO, dedicating a whole 15 minutes to the shuttle arriving without some cooldown period so that every single round isn't a flight from meteor/blob/level6virusmix hell might make events a bit monotonous themselves.

I personally don't mind a round that ends calmly at all, especially when interesting stuff happens during the main bit of the round itself, whether it be major or minor.

what about putting the random event IN the crew transfer voting?

now people can choose for a chaotic round ender alongside the normal crew transfer and the continue round thing.

This would be good. It would help stop shifts that are complete chaos turning into chaos with a side of chaos.

• 6 months later...

We need a list of randomly-chosen MEGA CATASTROPHIES.

They happen only if people vote to "spice things up" in the vote.

PS: tigercat2000, I saw what you did there

damnit tigercat2000, why make duplicate threads if the idea is still valid

Edited by Guest