Engineering cyborg minor change

alphaJackal

Most rounds i've played haven't even had a janitor, and on the occasions i find myself on the construction site, unless some drone or engineer happens to also be there, I'm completely unable to light the area up. The janitor's main purpose is to keep the station clean, something an engiborg doesn't do, and judging by the fact that some replacement lights spawn in the engineering section, there's meant to be a bit of overlap between engineering and janitorial.

thumbs-down.png

Janitor is already encroached upon enough by the janiborg, already--he doesn't need another module to whack him up side the head.

This additionally means one module (engineering) is encroaching on another module (janitorial).

To be honest, I wouldn't mind the engiborg having a light replacer. Saying that it infringing on the janitor is a moot point as engineering has a box of spare lights and there are loads of boxes of lights in maintenance , plus drones have infinite lights (or they can get infinite refills), so giving the janitor help when electrical storms happen is useful.

Having the light replacer wouldn't be the end of the world. Engineering is called upon a lot to deal with broken lights. To be entirely honest, I'm kinda surprised the Janitor isn't moved to engineering department in general since good Janitors act as Maintenance/Utility workers anyways.

As for infringing on the Janitor... I've never heard a Janitor complain he hasn't got enough work to do, the station is always getting dirty just from people walking around. Bout the only thing that pisses off a Janitor is when people touch the Janitor cart.

I'm against it personally

A janitor's job most of the shift hugely consists of cleaning up trash and replacing lights because that's generally what all their job specific gear allows for. By giving the engiborg the light replacer module, you pretty much take away half of the reason to even pick the janiborg module.

Also, while a maintenance drone generally has everything a janiborg does and more, it still has that drone lawset to follow so unlike borgs it can't really participate in the round aside from listening to comms about stuff to fix. And as for engineering having a box of replacement lights, you have to consider the fact that there are actually tons of them lying around the station that any civilian can pickup so it's more like "here's a convenient box of lights just in case you happen to need it" and doesn't actually mean that it's part of their job.

Can you give me an example of numerous boxes lying around the station? I have never seen one in my three years (except two in the maintenances). I can confirm what david said about infringing. I have played numerous rounds as janitor and watched the janitors work. I have never seen one even changing lights, not even talking about complaining about someone else replacing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea. Either that or the janiborg.

It'd make sense for either borg (or both) to get this as they're both maintenance-type borgs.

It's like saying giving the security borg zipties infringes on the security officers' jobs. It doesn't because light replacing can get obnoxious during electrical storms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use