Timer on rev rounds

Mrs Dobbins

Rev rounds are basically Team-deathmatch. When the Heads don't get lynched in the first half-hour or the revheads aren't stupid and get killed instantly, the game turns into a manhunt, where neither side wins until adminbuse, carp or someone screws up. The rev round that lasted 2 and a half hours last night is proof of that, and it was drawn out and too long.

To combat this, I would suggest a timer of two hours where if neither side has annihilated the other, the side with the most surviving revheads/heads of staff wins and gets a minor victory.

VVV goonstation rant

goon had some kind of timer that kept shortening until they had to remove rev altogether.

if i remember correctly that timer automatically did a announcement about revs and calls the shuttle or something after 45 minutes (normal rounds on goon are 1 hour)

anyways, i want to be able to give rev heads and staff heads a tracking device when the round has lasted a hour and a half, to speed things up.

Making it possible to see everyone's antag after a set amount of time would probably just lead to sec and the heads turtling until the antagHUD was enabled, at which point, sec would charge into battle and just murder everyone rapidly.

Making it possible to see everyone's antag after a set amount of time would probably just lead to sec and the heads turtling until the antagHUD was enabled, at which point, sec would charge into battle and just murder everyone rapidly.

True, but it might be interesting to test.

What if, and hear me out on this one, Escape shuttle just arrived at the 1 hour mark or something like that? It's not called and can't be canceled once inbound. The exact amount of time it would take for shuttle to arrive is up for debate, it could be a 20 minute inbound to encourage people to wrap shit up. Or could be a no notice arrival with a 5 minute departure time to allow crew a chance to get to the shuttle.

Command/Sec would be responsible for apprehending any known Rev's/Traitors and moving them to brig area of shuttle (or just executing them.)

All remaining Revolutionaries detained on shuttle (cuffed and in brig area), Major Crew Victory.

Any heads of Staff make it to shuttle Alive and uncuffed, Minor Crew Victory.

No heads of Staff on escape shuttle, At least one Rev (Head) still on station, uncuffed, Minor Revolutionary victory.

All heads of staff dead or cuffed on station, All Rev heads free on station, Major Revolutionary Victory.

(I think it goes without saying that Death Squad would be sent in for Crew Victories after crew is accounted for at Centcom. Rev victories may or may not have NT kill teams going in to mop up and make it look like it never happened.)

Major rev victories should automatically send in a Deathsquad, and the round will last five more minutes before ending.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use