The Peirson

monkeysfist101

While I like Alice as a character and Arthur as a person (regardless of their insistence that I shouldn't), I cannot support this - mostly because it's preferential treatment by admins to specific players, and can in no way be interpreted as fair, as there is no specific criteria or condition required to obtain a drink named after you.

Could we allow donations, or a hefty karma cost for this sort of thing?

Possibly.

Just because someone asks for it?

No, because then other people will question why THEIR character (deservedly or not) doesn't get one for free too.

I am fully willing to ply my meager coding and sprinting abilities to making custom drinks for people who donate ten bucks or pay a hundred karma or something.

Holy Emprah how did this thread get 26 posts in not even 12 hours? Oh wait.. i see, controversy as usual.

Also if you want this implemented you'd need to make a more subtle reference, like naming the drink "Blueshield's jacket" or something.

Edit:

references like this just have no place on Paradise's codebase.

704aa7e540.png

Honk.

Don't look at me like that, I don't even know why it is like this. But it's not like i dislike it. :P

Also if you want this implemented you'd need to make a more subtle reference, like naming the drink "Blueshield's jacket" or something.

As I said before, the name was just a placeholder, but seeing that arguing this any further will be an exercise in futility, I'll relent. Hey, it was worth a shot.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the name "The Military Girl", to not just recognize Alice, but the many characters in this vein who have been badass,robust, female player characters.

There's no snowflake, and everyone is happy. You can even make the recipe super overcomplicated so no one ever makes it!

I'm not a fan of this (or any mention of a character, direct or indirect).

-Is it worth killing immersion?

-Who gets to decide qualification for notability?

-What happens if Alice is suddenly never played again? Two years later when the drink is still in and someone asks in ooc why it's called that?

-Is it fair on players who put in just as much dedication, but don't play a persistent character or don't play a character who attracts attention?

-What if it encourages people to emulate established characters or play very specific types of characters to try gain notability and appear in game, instead of what their actual preference is?