Crom - appeal handling

EmilyKing

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3961

Let me preface this by saying: regardless of if you think I deserve to be banned or not, this isn't about the result, it's about how Crom attempted to resolve it.

I've a few concerns:

A) He baselessly and wrongly accuses appealers of lying.

REASON FOR BAN: Being ICLY lewd

REAL Reason for Ban: Due to player complaints and an overview of your general behaviour, it has been decided that this server is not a place for your - frankly creepy and disturbed - behaviour. If you wish to play here in a way this community intends, lodge an appeal. Otherwise, I advise finding a more sexually themed server."

I bolded a part of the second quote because that's where he strongly implies I'd lied.

Then notice he does a complete u-turn, where he admits the issue is the lewdness, after investigating it, which, imho, he should have done in the first place.

The issue here is that your appeal is not acknowledging the request in the ban note. Unless your willing to give up the LEWD gameplay, I will be forced to deny the appeal.

However after grabbing an entire log of your stay on the server for just a month, I have found a few disturbing things that are clearly rule breaking, like the use of the terms queer and faggot. Your behavior is clearly a blight on the server. You will need to completely change the direction of your roleplay.

Which brings nicely me onto:

B) He's denies appeals based entirely on assumptions. Even if they're permanent bans.

For instance, he denied my permanent ban appeal based on a glance at a note and denied and further communication on the issue.

This ban note is rather extreme. Your ckey is wildly inappropriate as well. I see no reason in your appeal either on why I should lift this ban.

C) He's unwilling to listen or communicate with appealers.

You will need to completely change the direction of your roleplay.

Golly. Thanks mr admin, sir, for telling me this is something I need to do whilst denying me any chance to do so. Despite the fact I'd apologized and promised to change in my first post.

Before I could point out the irony of telling me I needed to change the direction of my roleplay whilst permanently banning me, he locks the thread.

The issue:

A less vocal player would have been permanently banned because Crom didn't like how their ban note looked. And that's concerning, to me, and I hope he reconsiders how he approaches these in future.

Edited by Guest

REAL Reason for Ban: Due to player complaints and an overview of your general behaviour, it has been decided that this server is not a place for your - frankly creepy and disturbed - behaviour. If you wish to play here in a way this community intends, lodge an appeal. Otherwise, I advise finding a more sexually themed server."

This was not calling you out to be a liar, the info on your ban when you attempt to login goes there, not part of your appeal. I was only correcting this for anyone else looking at the appeal. It is important information that should not be glanced over.

Then notice he does a complete u-turn,

That was where i stated my part of the appeal, recognizing that it is indeed over lewdness.

For instance, he denied my permanent ban appeal based on a glance at a note.

I did not go over my investigative phase with you. You are in fact assuming that I did not. I even talked to your bannee from which he agreed that the appeal you made was not acceptable.

he locks the thread.

I do not have the power to lock a thread. This was done by another admin. I wished to continue the appeal as I thought it could lead to a further and more positive result. This is not in my power however.

This was not calling you out to be a liar, the info on your ban when you attempt to login goes there, not part of your appeal. I was only correcting this for anyone else looking at the appeal. It is important information that should not be glanced over.

Bullshit. You accused me of lying.

Here's a few threads where you've approved an appeal without the copy+pasted ban note:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3909

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3740

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3595

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3410

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3994

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3693

Add the fact he's a liar to the list as well.

I do not have the power to lock a thread. This was done by another admin. I wished to continue the appeal as I thought it could lead to a further and more positive result. This is not in my power however.

If you really thought this, then why did you instantly deny the appeal?

That was where i stated my part of the appeal, recognizing that it is indeed over lewdness.

The problem is you did this like.. ten posts after your orginal, where you obviously felt the reason I'd posted was so falsified or inadequate that you had to post the "real" one, which I demonstrated in my last post, isn't something you do in every appeal.

A: Crom is not one for mixing his words or implying. If he thought you were lying, I'm 100% sure he'd outright call you a liar.

The issue here was the severity of your ban reason was not apparent in your appeal.

B:

Indeed, there was no reason to lift your ban here, permanent or otherwise.

C:

He did not perma-ban you, I did. He did not lock the thread - Zomgponies did. There was nothing preventing you lodging another appeal.

The issue:

Crom's most active forum to post on here is the accepted appeal forum.

Before posting on the appeal, he discussed it with me. The severity of the ban note was what lead him to the decision - this was done independently of myself, the banning admin.

As the further logs showed, your behaviour was Beverly against the rules and atmosphere we go for here. It is very easy to say you'll change, but it is up to the admin here to believe this or not. We have to make a judgement call, and the ban notes here indicated a fairly severe offence.

The logs further backed that up. Multiple admin (and players!) have read through these, and we are in universal agreement that there is no need to risk someone as vile as yourself on this server. You violated the rules repeatedly before you were banned. We are under no obligation to unban you because you said sorry.

It is the duty of the admin to make judgement calls about players in game and in appeals to best serve the community and server. Crom was quite correct to deny your appeal, because your actions are not only against the rules of this server, but also against common decency.

You've had two ban appeals done so far, and now this admincomplaint, which seems a case of sour grapes. You've been handled professionally and fairly, and none of this has sunk in. Therefor, in my capacity as head of staff, I will reject this complaint as invalid, and would like to add the following assessment:

Wow. What a dong.