Necaladun and skaterboybob

Mrs Dobbins

Admin Key:necaladun

Complaint: so skaterboybob finally got perma'd. To be honest, we all saw it coming. I'm fine with that, but I do feel that putting a forum ban on him for sitting around on the minichat for a bit is not deserving of a forum ban.

He deserved the server ban as he was an unpleasant player. By giving him a forum ban, you basically removed any way of him making amends and getting unbanned. Give him a few months to mature and become a better player. Chances are he'll end up just going on /r/ss13 and moaning about admin abuse, that will come back to bite us in the arse eventually.

Hoot was pretty much told to never come back to e forums, but he didn't get a forum ban. Skater's forum presence was no greater than hoot's.

Skater was a burden on our community, but people do mature.

Give him a second chance.

I'm not really complaining about admin conduct, I just feel that this descion was unfair and misjudged.

I can't believe I actually defended skaterboybob

To be entirely honest, he most likely got a forum ban for not stopping when the headmin asked. While it is pretty bad to block somebody from their only way of appealing, he was warned, and he was given time to cooperate.

Maybe, but making it impossible for him to ever have the chance to play on the server seems a bit extreme? Maybe tell him a date when his appeal will actually be considered and telling him that abusing the mini chat will get that date pushed further back?

Going for the nuclear option for something like that does seem heavy-handed.

Or you know, we're not a kindergarten. Stop means stop. It's on him for not getting the message. We've wasted an inordinate amount of time dealing with complaints about him in-game, our patience is at an end. Maybe he'll make a new forum account in 6 months and beg for forgiveness at that point (he wouldn't be the first), but at this time, none of us want to hear that username anymore. Time to move on.

I didn't say I agreed entirely with the ban. It is harsh, but he's used up all the shots he got, and I'm not sure anybody will give him any more if he keeps acting like this. If I have anything to say about this. Let's bury these coals and let them fade for the time being. We can talk about this in a few months. From what I've seen he's been incredibly toxic, and I'm fairly certain that the community has seen this as well.

My point that Dave told Hoot to leave and never come back stil stands. That maxattackz fellow who made a snarky admin complaint (although skaterboybob still holds the record for the most worthless complaint) and wrote HEIL ZOMGPONIES on his appeal. He didn't get a forum ban, but he came close, plus he whined on the minichat.

The discussing other servers shouldn't have been there, but he was only talking to PJ and mij. Sure, maybe it would have been smart to make a Skype chat or teamspeak or whatever, but they were both trying to help him become a better player.

I will simplify this complaint with one sentence that has been part of our policy since day one:

"We do not discuss bans."

In view of this policy, I consider this complaint resolved.

Just going to add to this that we very rarely actually apply forum bans, and there is only a handful of admins who can actually give them out.