New Karma Role: MedSec Dispatcher

Telvayne

Potential Names: 'MedSec Coordinator', 'Dispatcher' 'Surveillance Tech', 'Camera Nerd', 'Budget AI'

Access: Basic Medical, Basic Security, Bridge (actual bridge ONLY unless a room is added for them)

Purpose: To alleviate the camera work from the Warden, help medical find the dead, take burden off the AI so they can worry about the multitude of other problems they have, and hopefully prevent crime before it starts

Job Description: As the MedSec Coordinator (i'm using this name for now because it's the most accurate description), your job is to watch the Cameras and the crew health monitor. You will have a headset keyed to both medical and security. When someone gets wounded, you flip the cameras to their location and find out what's going on. You relay that information to the appropriate authorities, who then decide about acting on it. You are NOT in charge of medical. You are NOT in charge of security. Your job is to observe and report. You will also have access to security records and medical records, so that the detective may contact you to look up fingerprints and DNA remotely for him.

Proof that this is a good idea: Wardens will be freed from their offices and can actually help with sentencing and brigging; medbay no longer needs to give up a valuable doctor to watch a boring screen. The paramedic doesn't have to roll around aimlessly checking a handheld crew monitor all day. The AI gets to relax (haha no they don't) and focus more on managing their cyborgs and the crucial systems like the singularity, and the inevitable argument over laws.

Please consider testing this idea out a bit in-game. I'm sure an admin can show up and take on the role, and see how well it works. I'd do so myself but nobody ever wants to give me access or try new things :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use