Small things that don't really warrant their own thread

Psyentific

It seems pointless to make a thread to tell Ponies that shotgun darts currently have no sprite or some other almost-trivial thing. I figured, why not collect all that in one thread?

Rule of thumb: If you can't explain it in two sentences or less, put it in its own thread. If its a minor change, or doesn't require discussion, stick it here.

Shotgun darts currently have no sprite.

E-Gun in-hand sprite doesn't match E-Gun item sprite.

Sec officers start without loyalty implants, which is vastly detrimental to the progression and balance of Cult and Revolution rounds. I've seen the HoS and Captain mobbed by their own officers, which Should Not Happen.

Mining Hardsuits cannot mount a Pickaxe (or other mining implements) in the Exosuit slot, only O2/Air tanks and mining satchels. I'd appreciate the option for those of us who prefer an optimized E-O2 tank instead of a fullsize O2 tank.

pAIs cannot emote or understand common speech without translation software. Secondhand knowledge, ask Sheakhan for more info.

Corgis (And other simple mobs, presumably) can buckle themselves into chairs, but cannot unbuckle.

Post and sticky server IP on the forums.

TraitorWiz mode, because everything is better with Wizards.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pAI gripes:

Can't speak/understand hooman.

Have AI IM tab.

Station Bounced Radio no workie.

Cannot emote (bug? used to work)

Have you tried installing software for communication? It's called Universal Translator. And don't forget to enable it.

Yes. But you shouldn't have to, seeing as the pAI is built by NT, and the software and pAI personalities are populated by NT, it doesn't make sense to require a huge chunk of ram for the pAI to be able to understand the common tongue.

I wish heads could extend the shuttle launch time up to say, 5 minutes, say the singularity got loose but the shuttle is safe, or something else that's not dangerous to the shuttle, it gives time to rescue those people.

Same procedure as shortening, they'd go onto the computer, and be given two options.

If your job has you regularly dealing with corpses and explosive diarrhea, then you should not get sick as often. That or put more snack dispensers around medical. Also if you're wearing a mask and latex gloves in medical then you shouldn't instantly get sick as soon as a sick person steps next to you.

Internals preventing getting sick from corpses.

If your job has you regularly dealing with corpses and explosive diarrhea, then you should not get sick as often. That or put more snack dispensers around medical. Also if you're wearing a mask and latex gloves in medical then you shouldn't instantly get sick as soon as a sick person steps next to you.

^^^ - Currently, Corpses will make you sick under any circumstance. Even through hardsuited gas mask internals while in space, you will smell the corpse and vomit.

If the corpse is on an airless tile, it does not smell.

If you are wearing internals, you don't smell it.

If you are wearing a gas mask, regardless of internals, you don't smell it.

Internals preventing getting sick from corpses.

^^^ - Currently, Corpses will make you sick under any circumstance. Even through hardsuited gas mask internals while in space, you will smell the corpse and vomit.

If the corpse is on an airless tile, it does not smell.

If you are wearing internals, you don't smell it.

If you are wearing a gas mask, regardless of internals, you don't smell it.

True, it was kind of just thrown out there without regards to "what would happen in real life"

Hopefully it will be all smoothed out.

It just really irks me when I'm smelling a rotten corpse through space, a hardsuit, and gas mask internals. Muh immershun.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd still like to see some more emotes.

*smirk - smirks triumphantly!

*smug - grins smugly!

*chuckle - quietly chuckles.

*surrender - drops what he/she is holding and puts both his/her hands in the air!

*scowl - scowls fiercely.

Please let the autolathe make proximity sensors, they're pretty much vital for creating more stuff in robotics.

(not sure if this was actually just a bug, seeing adrkiller? or who was it? said they should already be available)

Please let the autolathe make proximity sensors, they're pretty much vital for creating more stuff in robotics.

(not sure if this was actually just a bug, seeing adrkiller? or who was it? said they should already be available)

I believe it's a Robotics Supply Crate which has those?

But if you do that, I'd also like to see either Auto or Protolathes able to fabricate Tank Transfer Valves, and Protolathes able to fabricate telescience's Spatial Positioning System with appropriate Data Theory and Bluespace Research levels.

I would also love to see Auto and Protolathes have some method of organization to the things they can make - Right now, it's all one giant list.

Been playing Blueshield recently, and a few things I'd like come to mind.

First, headwear. There's a black Centcomm Officer Beret that I think would go really well with the look, but also a Corporate Security Cap (Renamed?), or a Dermal Armor Patch.

Second, Jumpsuits. Currently, the options are NT Navy Uniform (Spawns with) and 2x Centcomm Officer Jumpsuit, all three of which look the same. I'd appreciate some non-identical options here, maybe Executive Suits? There's one with a tie for men, and one with a collar for women - Same ones that spawn in the Locker Room. I'm not sure if there's fancy black jumpsuits in-code that are admin-only or otherwise unavailable, but if so, consider those too.

E: Tacticool/Tactical/Combat Turtlenecks would also be an excellently stylish option, provided it has suit sensors.

Thirdly, Jumpsuit Accessory. I'd like to see something alongside the black webbing vest, for green alert/demilitarized. A shoulder holster would work wonders here.

Fourthly, an E-Gun would be a wonderful thing to have, instead of the starting Taser.

Finally, the Blueshield is issued a Revolver, but no spare ammunition. Please fix.

Fake Edit: What if you issue the Blueshield a Mateba and a box of .357, instead of the Detective's revolver?

E: Also, at full staff, a Blueshield has to deal with five heads, one captain, and himself, for a total of seven people. Eight if you include the NT rep. More Death Alarm implants would make my job easier. Actually, scratch that. I think it's more Fun if I have to divide heads into essential, non-essential, and expendable.

this post did deserve it's own thread

Been playing Blueshield recently, and a few things I'd like come to mind.

First, headwear. There's a black Centcomm Officer Beret that I think would go really well with the look, but also a Corporate Security Cap (Renamed?), or a Dermal Armor Patch.

Second, Jumpsuits. Currently, the options are NT Navy Uniform (Spawns with) and 2x Centcomm Officer Jumpsuit, all three of which look the same. I'd appreciate some non-identical options here, maybe Executive Suits? There's one with a tie for men, and one with a collar for women - Same ones that spawn in the Locker Room. I'm not sure if there's fancy black jumpsuits in-code that are admin-only or otherwise unavailable, but if so, consider those too.

E: Tacticool/Tactical/Combat Turtlenecks would also be an excellently stylish option, provided it has suit sensors.

Thirdly, Jumpsuit Accessory. I'd like to see something alongside the black webbing vest, for green alert/demilitarized. A shoulder holster would work wonders here.

Fourthly, an E-Gun would be a wonderful thing to have, instead of the starting Taser.

Finally, the Blueshield is issued a Revolver, but no spare ammunition. Please fix.

Fake Edit: What if you issue the Blueshield a Mateba and a box of .357, instead of the Detective's revolver?

E: Also, at full staff, a Blueshield has to deal with five heads, one captain, and himself, for a total of seven people. Eight if you include the NT rep. More Death Alarm implants would make my job easier. Actually, scratch that. I think it's more Fun if I have to divide heads into essential, non-essential, and expendable.

I've also recently begun to play Blueshield alot, having recently bought it. I have to agree with the jumpsuit designs, having three jumpsuits that are exactly the same does not add much variety. A fancy suit would be great. Personally I wouldn't see a use for a shoulder holster, as I often keep the .32 on the Armor, and spare ammo (more on that in a sec) in my webbing vest, as well as precious items I'm given to protect (such as the disc).

I agree that either giving us an Egun or some spare ammo for the .32. Every round I have to either beg cargo for some speedloaders or borderline bust in there and make some myself. Just 6 shots isnt enough to do jack crap. However, I think that giving blueshield a Mateba would be a little too OP, as two shots from one can crit just about anybody. I personally agree, in terms of weaponry, Blueshield needs either an Egun or a couple reloads for the revolver, but not both.

Edit: Also, on heads of staff priority. Personally, I believe I would go, from most to least important-

- Captain

- Head of Personell

- Head of Security

- Chief Engineer

- Chief Medical Officer

- Research Director

- Nanotransen Rep

I can see this as a tricky argument. While the HoP, Cap, and HoS have some degree of ability to defend themselves, they are often the main targets. Yet, while the RD, NT Rep, CE, and CMO are not as high targets, they cannot as easily defend themselves and are vulnerable to attacks if left alone. Its like a catch 22.

GET RID OF CHEAP-LIGHTER DAMAGE: Seriously... I'm a heavy smoker, and I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER burnt myself in the groin with a cheap lighter... This pisses me off every time it happens.

Limit it to a burn in the hand it's held in - one, two damage tops.

Also, hack a vending machine and get a zippo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use