Detectives Revolver

Earthdivine

Would people be opposed if we switched the detectives revolver out with a stun revolver? We keep having to talk to detectives over "using their bullets" when trying to incapacitate people, due to the nature of how bullets are. We can move the revolver to the armory for Code Red purposes or keep a special case in the Detectives room for it, something akin to the medals box.

Another option is just letting him spawn with both, but that kinda feels like a cop out to the issue.

Not sure what the issue is with the detective's revolver. It fires rubber bullets.

The issue has been that the bullets got lodged in and surgery is needed to remove them, along with them having the power behind them to break bones i believe.

Feels a shame for the detective to loose his very fitting revolver, I say just balance it so it isn't crazy OP.

I didn't say to remove it fully, infact the opposite. I would find it very fitting if the detective had a special case specifically for his gun to rest in.

It's a pretty important weapon, especially for fighting nuke ops; an op with an energy shield is pretty much immune to everything but a stun baton and bullets (as far as conventional weaponry).

It stuns for less duration than tasers do in exchange for damage---they're rubber, too, as Mark pointed out, so they don't have an increased chance to bleed and they won't embed.

The issue has been that the bullets got lodged in and surgery is needed to remove them, along with them having the power behind them to break bones i believe.

Detective's bullets shouldn't be embedding unless the detective is modifying his gun and shoving in lethal rounds.