remove shipambience.ogg

Kluys

Your opinion on the shipambience.ogg track  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right so this has been an issue for some time for me, the background hum that we have.

I have no issues with the other noises that happen randomly but the background hum that

- is constantly there

- turns on a few minutes after turning ambience noises off for some reason

- is very much out there, even more so now that I have a functional headset

is an issue to me.

after prolonged amounts of play (which can happen rather fast since rounds can take up to two hours) it even starts to give me headaches and I don't think im the only one that has that issue, hence why I am adding a poll too this thread.

As a final statement I also feel that with the ambient noises that we have playing at random + the sounds of the ship are already enough, having a weird background buzz seems unecessary.

(For clarity I have uploaded the perticular file so its actually clear which one I mean. I am not talking about all the ambience, I'm talking about this single sound: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4866rpr7l58y ... e.ogg?dl=0 )

I like it because it simulates the hum of the ship's engine. Honestly, I think we need far, faaaar more ambient sounds in general. Some can be swapped out for new ones if necessary, some have grown tiresome.

I wouldn't say i'm too attached to the actual sound, necessarily. If an adequate non-headache inducing sound can be found to replace it, i'd support it.

I wish I could edit the poll because to say the least I would indeed be in for alot more random non constant noises instead of the buzz

It being constant is one of the main things that factor into it creating a headache.

Would be better to fix the config/SQL issue rather than just axing it; a lot of people love ship ambience and thematic music.

Agree, and we very much need more.

(Wonder if Goon would ever give up some of their awesome sounds...)

I'd maybe opt for an option to split the random thematic sounds etc as ship ambience and make a seperate option for ship ambience buzz, the former is great and awesome I'd like more of that. the latter well

(warning cheezy 80's head explosion)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use