Some ideas for the gateway in the long term

Dark lord derpy

Currently the gateway serves as a portal to the clown planet, the clown planet is ultimately a fairly uneventful place, no danger or anything. I think eventually we need to have the possibility of the gateway going to multiple places and require more set up. Im thinking that the gateway might be located in the research station on the asteroid.

In order to use the gateway you must input a code, im thinking its a fairly short code so it is fairly possible to guess, codes are randomized every round. i have some ideas for different places they could lead but this would take a while to implement.

-Clown planet

-Alien derilect filled with xenoarch artifacts (and perhaps some kind of automated defense system that you have to be careful not to trigger)

-alien derilect with alien eggs

-the exit gate is in deep space...oops

-slime homeworld, contains lots of slime mobs of various colors, a dangerous place but could be used to acquire rare slimes

-an apparently abandoned vox ship

-the surface of a carbon planet, diamond miners dream

-extremely hot venusian world...woops

-a plasmatic gas giant Im thinking that one compass direction would be "down" and you fall towards that direction

Im thinking that once you get on the other side of the gate, you have to find the code for SS13, though I think that while on the research outpost, this should be made easy. perhaps also a bluespace communication sensor could be used on the station to try to find out what the different codes are.

The next major patch will be containing some massive map changes, including the reintroduction of additional away missions. The Gateway will now be a much more dangerous mechanic, and as such has had it's access requirements adjusted.

Speak to your local Captain, HoP, or RD about undertaking missions on their behalf, and be slaughtered in new and exciting locales!

After looking through the away mission Z-levels, I can see it being a high-risk, high reward option for traitors who need more gear, or a decent thing for jobs where not much happens (Detecive, Atmos Tech, Slow round engineers etc) and they can just go exploring.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use