Please hasten the removal of customs

Saaesculus

Multiple People have stated that customs is a thing that needs to go and apparently it is going soon.

Customs serves no role other than as a roadblock to any fun a player might have. Just because they had the misfortune to miss the round and fail to declare ready does not mean they should have their time wasted by a shitlord who decides it's fun to bolt doors and request all forms signed and stamped in triplicate.

Please hasten the removal of customs so that no more rounds are damaged and the fun of the players in the rounds where someone picks customs is preserved thanks

A decent Customs Officer can have three people out in thirty seconds.

Sadly, almost nobody is a decent Customs Officer.

I like the IDEA, but in practice it brings about a lot of irritation to the crew.

Not to mention those that see Customs is being run and then decide to grief it.

I allways had the idea of playing my vox as customs officer with ridiculously obnoxious Vox-ish customs forms and just feast on their tears and if they are done with the first form i say "great", stamp it and hand them the second form. But i was to lazy to prepare those forms. It would have been the ultimate revenge for the shit i have to endure when i play security officer.

Wouldn't there also need to be code work to control+f "customs" and excrocize any mention of that from the jobs you could pick thing?

But yeah I'd be willing to go put in the map work to remove the current customs area and just replace with I dunno, empty space or something if given the goahead?

A decent Customs Officer can have three people out in thirty seconds.

Sadly, almost nobody is a decent Customs Officer.

I like the IDEA, but in practice it brings about a lot of irritation to the crew.

Not to mention those that see Customs is being run and then decide to grief it.

There is no such thing as a "decent customs officer"

Don't sign the forms? You get brigged for whatever amount of time the customs officer decides. There's nothing in spacelaw that stipulates how long, and in past experience admins don't give a shit if you get brigged for a half hour for not signing a stupid piece of paper, or for signing it "improperly". (Again - nothing in spacelaw to even give a guideline, not that it would matter if there were.)

I used to think it was a neat idea, but after actually experiencing customs and dickwads playing it? Fuck that bullshit with a rusted rake. Any time someone is actually playing customs, that entire area should eat the end of a bomb.

Edited by Guest

This is why I play an IPC. Every time I see a custom's officer, I laugh at the fact that I'm immune to radiation, and I ride the metal detector belt past customs.

This is why I play an IPC. Every time I see a custom's officer, I laugh at the fact that I'm immune to radiation, and I ride the metal detector belt past customs.

I will admit to having done this once. I was halfway to EVA by the time the customs officer and his lackey were able to scramble out of their office to come after me. They never did catch me, and I'm pretty sure that I might have gotten heavily beaten and brigged if they had managed to catch me. When they arrested a guy for "falsifying his forms" by listing what they claimed to be an "incorrect age", I knew it was time to skip the line.

EDIT: Back on topic though, I've got an idea of how to replace both the embassies, customs, and reimburse anyone who bought Customs Officer. I'll run it all past the other admins and such before I go into much detail, but it involves the NT Recruiter, Gateway, Medical's Sec post, and Visitor's Passes.

DIE IN A FIRE CUSTOMS.

So, it is finally dead. But it also removes a good few neat things with the old map, and there are many more I would like to see changed.

Such as the amazing cargo belt and routing room, plus the fun little x-ray machine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use