Raise the bomb cap

belarion

Its pretty low ATM, 3 7 14, that's just big enough to wreck one wing of the station if placed in the right spot, and its makable within 5 minutes of round start.

Nobody wants the station destroyed every other round by server killing bombs, but could we have some bigger booms?

So few players even bother with toxins mixing, it'd just be nice for it to be more... rewarding.

The current max explosion will just expose a handful of tiles to space, gib anyone next to it, and blast some holes in close by walls, it'd be so much better if it was just slightly larger.

Edited by Guest

No need to have even more bomb-related bans for blowing up half the station.

No, seriously, I am tired of this whole antag bombing affair. It just fucks up the game. There's a special rule even.

People barely ever use bombs though, at least I barely ever see them used.

That is if you don't count fuel tank explosions.

The point is - you don't need more powerful explosions. It's just an excuse to grief. You don't want to kill half of a department, because there's too much collateral damage.

Not if you have the (fairly common) escape alone objective, which is usually the only legitimate reason to bomb places in the first place.

Another reason not to raise the cap is due to ZAS, a bigger bomb means much more equations needing to be solved and added, causing the game to lag even more. The bomb cap is in a good place in my opinion, its roughly at the same size as Goon's station too. What needs to be done honestly is the ability to make more Tank Transfer Valves, so you can make more then 6 bombs.

Eh, I managed to kill a botanist that way by exposing his workplace to space, it's all about positioning, use a fuel tank with it if you are not content. Not to mention how easy traitor scientist is.

YOU HAVE A FUCKTON OF DANGEROUS TOYS, WHY DON'T YOU TRY THE OTHER.

Besides, if you are clever enough you will need ones that take down walls but don't remove the floor exposing it to space.

Toxins is fun, you just have to use it the right way to adapt to your goals, that or just make more and place them at key points, people don't look in maintenance too much anyways... blitzkrieging it would be nice if mayhem is your intent.

Eh, I managed to kill a botanist that way by exposing his workplace to space, it's all about positioning, use a fuel tank with it if you are not content. Not to mention how easy traitor scientist is.

Besides, if you are clever enough you will need ones that take down walls but don't remove the floor exposing it to space.

Toxins is fun, you just have to use it the right way to adapt to your goals, that or just make more and place them at key points, people don't look in maintenance too much anyways... blitzkrieging it would be nice if mayhem is your intent.

But... Bigger booms!

To be honest, I'd just like to see both surgeries taken out with one explosion...

That said, more ways to acquire transfer valves outside of ordering them from cargo would be an acceptable substitute.

Recently played a round where someone had the escape alone objective.

Bombed the station at least 20 times and more or less killed everyone onboard save a handful of people who escaped in arrivals.

I don't really see why bombs need to be bigger (Because as it is, a bomb is paralyzing if you don't have competent engineers).

But... Bigger booms!

To be honest, I'd just like to see both surgeries taken out with one explosion...

That said, more ways to acquire transfer valves outside of ordering them from cargo would be an acceptable substitute.

Place in maintenance, use fuel tank for other surgery, depresurization and a good part is going to be gone making both unusable and probably might lead to death to anyone inside if there will be a shock and awe ( as they won't have internals, will be pushed away and hurt from the air escaping and stuff) . That or just get 2 of them and trigger at the same time.

Bombs are fairly easy to make; and our ZAS (and even LINDA) doesn't exactly allow for long-term bomb constructing projects like Goon does (ie: a good canister bomb requires 45 minutes of work to make). If explosions were even more powerful, they'd have to be pretty damn hard or time consuming to make..but as it currently stands, those who know how to make bombs can end up using every single tank transfer valve within 10-15 minutes in---and every single bomb is max-size (or bigger).

Explosions already got a massive buff when we went from recursive to non-recursive; they're in a damn good spot as they currently stand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use