Paradise solarium

andrewmeythaler

Maybe, just MAYBE, we could find out a way to somehow randomize it, kind of like certain other games do...

A good example would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Every floor is completely randomized, never the same no matter how many times you travel through the same dungeon.

Don't know how badass someone would have to be to code that, though.

Randomized dungeons work best in combat oriented dungeon crawlers, not puzzle ones. The problem with this is designing a balanced dungeon is damn near impossible if it is random, and the combat system in SS13 isn't helping.

there is still hope for a ''different'' combat system. see that arcade machine? make a new version of it.

and the puzzles are quite complex. first get a whip from this planet and use said whip to find a tablet and haul it back somewhere. here is where all the block moving begins ):<

Problem with puzzles is: you can just find a direct walkthrough on the internet

Oh, and I have an idea for a solarium-like thing: something to do with NT sectretely being evil and at the end of puzzles there being some form of gigantic bluespace catasprophe that's very !!FUN!!

lets try to string this together. first on the research outpost is a spaceship that works like the syndie-ship and can travel to different locations with variable enviroments (some being dangerous) and obstacles...and robust mobs.

put it all on a admin Z level so you cant teleport there...or scrap the spaceship and make a new z level for telescience to find all the locations...this is where the telesci math puzzles come in.

Problem with puzzles is: you can just find a direct walkthrough on the internet

Oh, and I have an idea for a solarium-like thing: something to do with NT sectretely being evil and at the end of puzzles there being some form of gigantic bluespace catasprophe that's very !!FUN!!

I don't think NT being evil is a secret

And the puzzles will need to be difficult to execute physically as well as hard to figure out to over come this.

lets try to string this together. first on the research outpost is a spaceship that works like the syndie-ship and can travel to different locations with variable enviroments (some being dangerous) and obstacles...and robust mobs.

put it all on a admin Z level so you cant teleport there...or scrap the spaceship and make a new z level for telescience to find all the locations...this is where the telesci math puzzles come in.

Why not both? Put a separate telescience station on the new Z axis to allow access to more parts of the dungeon via telescience puzzles.

Okay I like that idea, here's a brainstorm for you:

We use NT as the main thing here, by lore NT is supposed to be this big research company doing research on plasma, NCS Cyberiad is a state of the art space station built by NT to conduct research and serve as a point of interest for aspiring civilians looking for work.

Here is where we can make it interesting, we make it by lore that NT stands out like a company seemingly like either Apple or Google, they have very little dirt on them, but there are some people who have come with conspiracy theories because hey, there's always going to be crazy people like that.

Now lets introduce some of the things that can make one a sceptic, lets start with the derelict.

A Russian space station blown to pieces by something that looks like the syndicate, there are evidence and manuscripts as proof that the syndicate blew it to hell and back, and we can built upon this to perhaps aim it more towards a conspiracy.

Next we can make destroyed outposts on the mining astroid, think of it as an isolated outpost that reassembles the one that is filled with bones and alien weeds north on the astroid.

Except this one is filled with destroyed tiles, hacked doors, charred ID's that looks like they could be from NT and a LOT of bullet casings, how did that get here? Why were nobody informed of this outpost and who used to be here before?

Next, lets think of a ship for those "lost miners" who used to be on that outpost. I am thinking something like the clown ship you can find on a random Z level, except it is not crashed into a meteor, rather it looks like a missile or bomb hit the engines and it was forced to stop. Upon closer inspection you can find the captains black box, which can be used to obtain the ships communication.

The box is partially damaged, but you can make out as much that they were attacked, and their engines dying. The last log is the captain explaining that they will try to settle on an astroid that shows good mineral readings with no life or salvation close by, meaning this was before NCS Cyberiad was around.

Basically, they were hit by NT for an unknown reason, something we can figure out later, but what happened was that they figured out something that they were not supposed to know, and they got killed by NT for it, their outpost was destroyed by an NT cleanup crew.

Now we move on to the next phase, fixing the broken ship and figuring out where they were headed. I can't start to imagine this whole scenario right now, so help me out with this one. Maybe this can lead back to another destroyed station, maybe even the derelict.

Thats all I have for now, will continue whenever I can come up with more, everyone is free to help out on the story

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use