Silly idea: Kitchen helpers

Midaychi

General gist of the idea: combine kitchen and botany into one department, where the chef is the head, and everyone in the department has access. Also give alternate job titles to botanist such as 'kitchen helper' or 'waiter/tress'. I dunno I think it might improve that area.

Nobody is ever going to help for jack shit and this would just result in more people getting their filthy hands on botany hatchets and other greytiders favorites

But occasionally fun. Same happens in the science department, and medical department, and cargo, well any department really. People work together or they don't. It's not really something reliable.

People abandon their jobs way to regularly, i can understand that when they did their job and are sitting on a bunch of food, meds in the chemistry or a bunch of prepared bots and borgs in robotics. But when i join 30 minutes in a round as CMO and have like 8 medical staff on the manifest and then see the medical fridge is empty, genetics has broken lights and tables and surgery is littered with blood, anestethic tanks and surgery tools on the floor, i just want to hunt them all down and shove them down disposals.

That you even have to argue with chemist, that there should be meds in the medical fridge 30 minutes into the round, really boggles my mind.

I support this. Kitchen department go. What ends up happening is either the Chef goes SSD or Hydro is understaffed and one ends up taking over the other anyway.

Minimum effort change would just be to change some id levels and give botanists subjob title choices, and give a notice to botanists that they are under the chef.

Full effort change would be to remap kitchen and botany into some sort of combined kitchen with backroom supply/growing area, make botanist have subjob choices (in addition to default botanist) of cook or waiter, and make chef into head chef.

In the words of my good friend Monkey "Can we have a vox Mexican kitchen?" I am so behind this 2000% I would love to actually see where this goes. The plus side is SOMEONE is actually over kitchen and botany and show(beat) new players how the food service industry is done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use